Can/Will the O's win the AL East Division?

wildcard

I think they can.  It's baseball.

I don't think they will.  I think the Rays, Yankees and Jays all have better rosters top to bottom.  Over a long season the O's may finish above 1 or 2 of them but hard for me to see them finishing above all 3.

But I'll sure be hoping they do.

• Upvote 1

The AL East is crushing it. The Yankees are in last place with a 22-18 record. That’s .550 and it’s the 8th best record in baseball. It would be leading the AL and NL Central divisions and in any division but the AL East it would be no worse than second place. 

Can the Orioles win the East. Sure why not? It’s baseball. Will they? Still only 38 games played. An awful lot would have to go right to win this division. 

Bit over the last 162 games the Os have won like 92 games and that’s more than all but one team in the AL. 

Sure way to start a losing streak! Look what Frobby did to Mateo. 😀  Can we just enjoy the ride without getting too high? (Or too low if we lose) Anyone in the AL East can win this division. Let's just focus on the next game/the next series.

5 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

Sure way to start a losing streak! Look what Frobby did to Mateo. 😀  Can we just enjoy the ride without getting too high? (Or too low if we lose) Anyone in the AL East can win this division. Let's just focus on the next game/the next series.

You sound like a player, not a fan-atic.

We have to get Gunnar going, some production from RF/DH(not Santa), have one of Givens/Tate be a “good” set up man, and likely trade for a TOR SP. 

I think those 3 games in ATL really brought this team together. That gave them a taste of what playoff baseball feels like. 

• Upvote 1

I certainly think they can.  It will be a dogfight this year and I’m thinking the race won’t be decided until the final week.  

Elias thinks our players are going to keep improving as the year progresses.  OK, I’ll buy into that.  

Can they? Absolutely! 

Will they? That's hard to answer right now. There really hasn't been any offensive player besides Mateo for a stretch that has played above expectations. If they can get some production from Gunnar, Stowers, and whomever is in the bottom 3rd of the lineup, then sure, they can keep rolling.

The pitching has had it's good/great moments also. Bradish and Kremer need to keep up what they've been doing recently. I've always been high on Bradish. 

I've been in the camp that any MiL player with a legitimate shot at making a run for ROY probably won't be up until the beginning of next season because of what happened to Rutschman, but if they keep playing the way they have in Baltimore and in Norfolk, I don't see how they can not bring up Westburg and Cowser. I don't think anything happens until the end of May.

• wildcard changed the title to Can/Will the O's win the AL East Division?
2 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

I think they can.  It's baseball.

I don't think they will.  I think the Rays, Yankees and Jays all have better rosters top to bottom.  Over a long season the O's may finish above 1 or 2 of them but hard for me to see them finishing above all 3.

But I'll sure be hoping they do.

I don't know the Yankees' roster top to bottom like I do the O's. Haven't looked too deep into their career norms and what not. But going over their stats at https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/NYY/2023.shtml . They...don't look that scary? Injuries have taken alot of bite out of that rotation for sure. Lineup looks like it has quite a few weak spots.