Why The Orioles Will Be MLB’s Next Dynasty

BraveOriole

Haven’t seen this article here yet and dynasty is a stretch right now but the basic point of the article hits for sure.

I see the same problem, though. We going to spend money to go add the piece or two, sign the young guys, and do what it takes to win for the next decade or so?

Theres really no excuse for this franchise to throw away this golden opportunity to have a good team for a long time.

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/mlb/why-the-orioles-will-be-mlbs-next-dynasty

Theres really no excuse for this franchise to throw away this golden opportunity to have a good team for a long time.

The Angelos family being consumed by their cosplay of the plot of Succession is more than enough of an excuse for them to not financially commit.

The ownership situation isn't going to change while Peter Angelos is still alive.  The team should be pretty good for at least the next 3-4 years because of the core young talent that can't go anywhere and there is a pipeline of good talent right behind them.  The ownership I suspect will change sometime within that time frame.  MLB will make sure the new ownership is strong enough financially to put on a decent team on the field.  The current ownership no longer has a revenue source besides the team itself to do that.  I am not optimistic under the current ownership they will sign any significant free agents or even sign the current players for long term market contracts.  It appears to me our baseball operations is better than it has been for a very long time and will keep a pipeline of talent coming.  Maybe the two long term contracts the Orioles could get done is to keep Elias and Sig in the fold.

8 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Why would MLB owners help a franchise competing against their own teams?

They will pick who the next owner is like in all sports and they will make sure it is someone who is rich enough to run a competitive baseball team.  That is all I mean.  There will be many rich bidders when the Oriole go up for sale.

36 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

MLB owners want new owners that are growing revenue not being handed handouts.  They don't want another Oakland.

Don't even get me started on Oakland. Billy Bean's Moneyball antics destroyed an entire fan base of what was used to be a proud franchise who used to go to back to back World Series. (I would've called them a dynasty in the late 80s.)

7 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Don't even get me started on Oakland. Billy Bean's Moneyball antics destroyed an entire fan base of what was used to be a proud franchise who used to go to back to back World Series. (I would've called them a dynasty in the late 80s.)

I think you are confusing Beane with the A's owner.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I think you are confusing Beane with the A's owner.

Perhaps. My main issue is how fans were never able to become attached to any of the players, because they knew those players would be gone and the team kept going back to tanking over and over. Oakland fans had nothing to cheer for, not even a favorite Oakland Athletics baseball player. That's no fun, so they stopped being an Oakland fan. It was a repeat pattern, and it killed the fan base.

Yeah, that's an ownership issue, but Billy Beane currently has a stake in ownership so he gets lumped in with the A's owner.

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Perhaps. My main issue is how fans were never able to become attached to any of the players, because they knew those players would be gone and the team kept going back to tanking over and over. Oakland fans had nothing to cheer for, not even a favorite Oakland Athletics baseball player. That's no fun, so they stopped being an Oakland fan. It was a repeat pattern, and it killed the fan base.

Yeah, that's an ownership issue, but Billy Beane currently has a stake in ownership so he gets lumped in with the A's owner.

Yep, the O's fans were much better off getting to cheer for Davis back in 2019.