Wednesday, May 31: Homestand and the month of May end with rubber match vs Guardians

SteveA

26 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Hitters sure do seem to have a hard time hitting the batting practice pitcher then.

In his last 18.1 innings over 13 games, Voth has pitched to a 1.96 ERA with 18 Ks and 6 BBs. Batters have slashed .185/.280/.215/.495 off him over this span.  

Wow.  I didn't realize that.  I knew he'd had some good outings but was still holding my breath each time he came in. 

Just now, Tony-OH said:

You have to love baseball sometimes. lol.. Hicks walks and McKenna with the 2-run single in the same inning. BASEBALL..

This. I didn't even post in the Hicks thread. But wasn't it like a 20 pager in less than a day? LMAO. 

30 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Hitters sure do seem to have a hard time hitting the batting practice pitcher then.

In his last 18.1 innings over 13 games, Voth has pitched to a 1.96 ERA with 18 Ks and 6 BBs. Batters have slashed .185/.280/.215/.495 off him over this span.  

I'm a big fan of Voth, honestly, think he's quite underrated. His ERA as a starter for us is quite good and the underlying numbers are fine too. Think he can low-key consider himself a bit hard done by to not win a starter's job out of camp this season. 

Having said that, I have also been a big fan of Vavra and Flaherty in the past. 😂