The offense is averaging 5.06 runs/game

Frobby

That’s 3rd in the AL, well behind the Texas (6.20) and Tampa (5.64) juggernauts but solidly ahead of the Angels (4.93).

Obviously these two 11-run games have boosted us up, but the offense has been pretty steady all year.  Here is is in ten game gulps:

39 (6 games)

Even the low ebb of 38 runs in 10 games isn’t that awful a dry spell.  I can remember plenty of past times when the O’s were below 30 runs over ten games, or averaged about 3 runs a game for a whole month.  Our monthly averages this year are 5.25, 4.79, 5.30.   

Everyone knows what Gunnar has done over the past week or so.  Under the radar, Ramon Urias has awakened after a bad post-IL slump, and of course O’Hearn and Hicks have been punching over their rights.  

I feel like there’s never been a time this year when the offense has really been hitting on all cylinders at once, but we’ve had enough cylinders going to drive an engine most of the time, with 1-2 minor dry spells. 

It's nice to have guys that get on base at a good clip instead of teams past made up of guys like Jones, Schoop and Trumbo who would swing from their heels all the time and flail away at anything/everything.

I agree with the assessment that there hasn't been a time where the offense has been hitting on all cylinders but guys with the plate discipline in the lineup help keep the minor dry spells to a minimum.

• Upvote 3