Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

14 hours ago, SteveA said:

Damn you're good.  I had 98 and felt good about it.  

I've got some good grids, some not-so-good grids.  Some I can solve in a couple minutes, others it'll take several times coming back to them.  Felt like last week all I could get was 7/9.  I also think I just have a core group of players, say 100 or so that are my go to.  I've used Dave Parker 3 times in the past week or so and if you know the rare teams he played for (Oakland, California, Milwaukee) it'll help with the score.  

I really do enjoy this game.  I've never been one to play a game each day such as a crossword puzzle but this has provided a good challenge and entertainment each morning.

Looks like they're trotting out some new statistical categories over the past couple days which is nice to see.  My Only One Team for the Nats today just exploded any kind of rarity score but he was the only guy I could think of.

9/9 179

Spoiler

Chuck Knoblauch, Whitey Ford, Bill Dickey (0.7%)

Jim Thome, Shane Bieber, Bob Feller

Michael A. Taylor, Pedro Martinez, Ryan Zimmerman

The Only One Team category is interesting.  I mean, Moonlight Graham is technically a fit there for when the Giants get that grid.  Anyone that came up for a cup of coffee and never came back is a fit...looking at all the Nats/Expos players that came up for a handful of games, there's a ton to pick from but no names that anyone could ever guess.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Looks like they're trotting out some new statistical categories over the past couple days which is nice to see.  My Only One Team for the Nats today just exploded any kind of rarity score but he was the only guy I could think of.

9/9 179

Reveal hidden contents

The Only One Team category is interesting.  I mean, Moonlight Graham is technically a fit there for when the Giants get that grid.  Anyone that came up for a cup of coffee and never came back is a fit...looking at all the Nats/Expos players that came up for a handful of games, there's a ton to pick from but no names that anyone could ever guess.

There should be a minimum.  500 games or something.  

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

9/9 179

Hide contents

Image of "Moonlight" Graham.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

9/9 179

Reveal hidden contents

They don't even have to be retired.   You could use Heston Kjerstad for the Orioles.

• Upvote 1

9/9 32

John Smoltz, Willie McGee, Jose Oquendo

Denny Neagle, Andy Van Slyke, Manny Sanguillen

Keith Mitchell (Kevin's brother), Alvin Davis, Kaz Sasaki

Really surprised that only 6% of the people out there knew that McGee hit 300, pretty sure he did it multiple times and one of those years was a batting title.  Alvin Davis was a lucky guess.  I didn't want to go with Edgar, Ichiro or Griffey Jr.  

Edited by Moose Milligan
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

9/9 32

I thought, I did good with a 9/9 35 score today. I wasn't sure if they considered Puerto Rico as an outside US born player and that changed some of my answers.

Terry Pendleton, Tom Herr, Cesar Cedeno

Denny Neagle, Bill Madlock, Omar Moreno

Freddy Garcia, Phil Bradley, Felix Hernandez

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I thought, I did good with a 9/9 35 score today. I wasn't sure if they considered Puerto Rico as an outside US born player and that changed some of my answers.

If you click on the green NEW under it says that players born in the US Territories like PR, USVI are considered born outside of the USA.