Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Also for my Orioles picks this morning

Hide contents

Steve Pearce for the Ray/Oriole, Brady for the All Star.

I went Oliver Drake. Don’t ask me why but that’s the first one that popped into my head. (Have no idea how to hide comments on my phone but if people can’t get Os players right on this site, they got some splaining to so)

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I went Oliver Drake. Don’t ask me why but that’s the first one that popped into my head. (Have no idea how to hide comments on my phone but if people can’t get Os players right on this site, they got some splaining to so)

That's a real good one.  I forgot all about him.  And I didn't see the option to hide comments on my phone either last night.

I missed two this morning, the Angel/Ray and the Angel/Brave. 

Was proud to have pulled these two also:

Spoiler

Dave Parker for the Angel/Red was surprisingly .7% and Steve Avery for 1% Brave/Red.  

Edited by Moose Milligan

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That's a real good one.  I forgot all about him.  And I didn't see the option to hide comments on my phone either last night.

I missed two this morning, the Angel/Ray and the Angel/Brave. 

Was proud to have pulled these two also:

Hide contents

Dave Parker for the Angel/Red was surprisingly .7% and Steve Avery for 1% Brave/Red.  

Damn it..I almost went SA. I was like 98% sure that he was a Red but wasn’t 100%. I went with a current closer option for that one.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 1

Looks like Immaculate Grid is now a part of baseball reference.  Off the top, it looks like this means they're more forthcoming with possible answers.  Like for example, the 11:30 one today will show you all 14 players who got 200 hits for the Dodgers.  I hope the people that made this game made some money if they sold it to bbref.

Anyway, for my 11:30, I finally got a perfect score.  And a 104 rarity score.

My answers Left to Right:

Spoiler

Davey Lopes 1%, Darryl Strawberry, Steve Sax

Carlos Beltran, Yogi Berra 2%, Derek Jeter

Dickie Thon 0.6% Lenny Dykstra, Richie Ashburn

4 hours ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Only 63% of people could come up with an Oriole/Red.

There are going to be 2 grids today so make sure to do the first one before 11:30am. 

Wow, hard to believe only 63% could do that.   I thought the Frank Robinson trade was one of the better known trades in baseball history.   Future Hall of Famer traded at the peak of his talent and immediately winning a Triple Crown and a World Series.

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Looks like Immaculate Grid is now a part of baseball reference.  Off the top, it looks like this means they're more forthcoming with possible answers.  Like for example, the 11:30 one today will show you all 14 players who got 200 hits for the Dodgers.  I hope the people that made this game made some money if they sold it to bbref.

Hide contents

Didn’t notice that feature. That’s good to know.

So make that 2 guys I thought out for 200 hit dodger seasons and still didn’t pick either of them.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Forgot about Oliver Drake.   I wanted to go with that other relief pitcher we had who had the disgusting habit of licking his fingers between pitches and then went to Tampa for a few years, but I couldn't pull his name out of the back of my head so I settled for Steve Pearce.

An hour later, while driving to work, I finally remembered the name of the finger licker:   Chazz Roe.

15 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Didn’t notice that feature. That’s good to know.

So make that 2 guys I thought out for 200 hit dodger seasons and still didn’t pick either of them.

That one cost me today too.   For some reason the first name that popped into my head was

Spoiler

Brett Butler

and it seemed right to me AND felt like it would be a low frequency choice, so I went with it without even hesitating.   Turns out I was way off on him, he walked a lot more than I remembered which kept his peak hit totals in the 180s and 190s even when he was hitting .300+

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hide contents

Good for you on Sax. I ended up going 9 for 9 but ended up at 138 because I foolishly went with a current Yankee pitcher for the Yankee/Astro and couldn't come up with anyone other than Jackie Robinson or Garvey for Dodgers 200+ hits. Foolishly thought Robinson would be rarer than Garvey but he was a 52!

Would love to see the top wrong answers for the statistical based responses.

29 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Good for you on Sax. I ended up going 9 for 9 but ended up at 138 because I foolishly went with a current Yankee pitcher for the Yankee/Astro and couldn't come up with anyone other than Jackie Robinson or Garvey for Dodgers 200+ hits. Foolishly thought Robinson would be rarer than Garvey but he was a 52!

Would love to see the top wrong answers for the statistical based responses.

I'm embarrassed to admit that Jackie Robinson was the first player I thought of but I thought myself out of picking him...I just didn't think he'd got 200 hits in a season.  I only picked Sax because someone on here mentioned him a last week and I was actually looking at his stats.  He had a few really good years.