Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

2 hours ago, ArtVanDelay said:

You must’ve been the only person to use Rayford.  A handful of people used Richard because he was at 0.2%. 

My score was 272 today.  Using Lindor really hurt me.  I wanted to use Amed Rosario but of course I couldn’t think of his name until after I gave in and used Lindor.  And I couldn’t remember if Andres Gimenez had ever debuted as a Met.  I see now that he did. 

I used Brady Anderson for Orioles/Cleveland. 

I did Thome and he was the most. I would have guessed the most would have been Belle or Murray.

Derrick Lee was only 2%.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ArtVanDelay said:

I thought today’s grid was pretty difficult. 

I screwed up royally my own fault.

scroll down for spoilers

without even stopping to think I put Goldschmidt for SL/40 HRs and apparently he never did that for them.   Then I typed in Fielder for Det/40 HRs and idiotically accidentally clicked on Prince Fielder's name instead of Cecil's.   So I was 0 for 2 after two guess.   No do-overs.   I wound up with 6.   Since I blew two easy guesses I never even was able to try some of the squares I considered difficult, in the Colorado column.

So my 2-day winning streak is over.

19 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I screwed up royally my own fault.

scroll down for spoilers

without even stopping to think I put Goldschmidt for SL/40 HRs and apparently he never did that for them.   Then I typed in Fielder for Det/40 HRs and idiotically accidentally clicked on Prince Fielder's name instead of Cecil's.   So I was 0 for 2 after two guess.   No do-overs.   I wound up with 6.   Since I blew two easy guesses I never even was able to try some of the squares I considered difficult, in the Colorado column.

So my 2-day winning streak is over.

I'm not putting additional carriage returns for spoilers since I think your post will push my comments down. 🙂

My oldie answer for the Cardinals 40+ HRs was Jack Clark since he was the only power hitter on their 80s teams and driving in a lot of runs.  I obviously could have put McGwire or Pujols but wanted to low % choice.

1 minute ago, 86this said:

I'm not putting additional carriage returns for spoilers since I think your post will push my comments down. 🙂

My oldie answer for the Cardinals 40+ HRs was Jack Clark since he was the only power hitter on their 80s teams and driving in a lot of runs.  I obviously could have put McGwire or Pujols but wanted to low % choice.

Do you not have access to the spoiler tag?

Spoiler

It's kinda like an eye with a black pupil.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do you not have access to the spoiler tag?

Reveal hidden contents

It's kinda like an eye with a black pupil.

Thanks for the tip.  I see the option now and will try it the next time I'll need it.

3 minutes ago, 86this said:

Thanks for the tip.  I see the option now and will try it the next time I'll need it.

Just now, SteveA said:

Thanks, never noticed it before

It's from the most recent large update.  I think I'm the only one that's been using it.

It's nice to have.

I am not that good at this game.  I have no trouble with the “achievement” boxes, but I frequently have trouble remembering the guys who played on two different teams.  And so’rtimes, even when I remember such a player, I have trouble dredging their name out of my memory banks.  For example, the other day I needed a player who played for both Boston and Miami.  I clearly remembered the trade in which Miami traded a good pitcher and a 3B for a young SS who became an all star.   I could picture all three guys and remember various details of their careers, but their names escaped me.   Eventually I remembered that the SS was named Ramirez but didn’t remember his first name, but I plugged his last name into the box and I was able to choose Hanley once I saw the list of possibilities.   Later I looked up the trade and reminded myself that the guys going to Boston were Beckett and Lowell.   If I’d been able to remember all three names, I probably would have chosen to use Lowell. 

• Upvote 1