Sunday, July 3 -- Noon game vs Twins, exclusively on Peacock TV

SteveA

Just now, Morgan423 said:

Game Day says Ced just struck out on what should have been Ball 4, and it wasn't really borderline or debatable.  Like they need your help, Mr. Plate Ump.  🤦‍♂️

It was borderline but definitely a ball.

Just now, Gurgi said:

I wish Adley could take steroids but no one else could.   He needs about 20 feet more to his flyballs.  And the increase in bast speed would help.  

Steroids cant help his throws to second.  Maybe some time with Rick Dempsey would help.  It helped Wieters a great deal.  

I'm just going by my memory but I think that was Caleb not Matt.

29 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Apparently an inning or two earlier he had a collision with the first baseman when an infielder's throw pulled the 1B off the bag.

Isn't it great the way MLB keeps the whole base in fair territory, after dozens, probably hundreds of injuries? These collisions really get to me for two reasons.  I was sitting behind first base, maybe 15-20 rows up, and I saw (and heard) the collison between Bubba Crosby and Brian Robets, covering first on a bunt. And second, many of those injuries are avoidable by having the reuuner run in foul territory to piece of an enlarged first base. Maybe what's needed to make a change is to find a way to add a betting line on it.

It's fitting, I guess, that on the same day I get to see how little MLB cares about its fans who paid for we thought was the right to watch our favorite team's games we are beaten over the head with another example of how little it cares about the safety of its players. What a despicable organization MLB has become. And like a fish, it continues to rot from the head.

21 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

It looks like our entire team has decided to slump all at the same time. Wow!! I know that baseball is a game of streaks but this is hard to watch.

Nonsense.  You mean to tell me 9 hits and 2 runs in 23 innings is slumping?

I think we all need to get our minds around that the Orioles may have been playing way above their heads in the first half.  And that we are not nearly as good as we thought we might be.   

Even if we sneak into the playoffs we dont seem built to go very far.  No aces......no mega big bat.   Just a lot of blah.