Who are your picks to improve/decline in the second half?

Frobby

With the first half of the season in the books, who are your picks to improve or decline in the second half?  Here are mine:

Improved hitters:  Rutschman, Henderson, Mountcastle, MCCann.

Declining hitters: Hays, Hicks, O’Hearn..

Improved pitchers: Irvin, Rodriguez, Baumann, Baker, Perez.

Declining pitchers: Wells, Cano, Coulombe

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

With the first half of the season in the books, who are your picks to improve or decline in the second half?  Here are mine:

Hard to argue with any of that but I do think a light has gone on with Bradish and I expect him to be better for the most part in the second half.  I think he could really be an ace or close to it.  

3 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Hard to argue with any of that but I do think a light has gone on with Bradish and I expect him to be better for the most part in the second half.  I think he could really be an ace or close to it.  

I really like Bradish.  I’m just hesitant to expect improvement from someone who’s already doing quite well.  In the last 365 days he’s made 28 starts and thrown to a 3.44 ERA.

38 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I'm going to keep this and make fun of you if you're wrong.  I expect all are starters to an OPS above 800 by seasons end, and AR to be over 1.  

Our pitchers will lower team era to 3.  

• Like 1

I don't think Adley improves over the 2nd half.  I think he maintains an .800ish OPS but I'm fearful that they're running him into the ground.

Mountcastle, no...well, maybe, but only because he was so awful to start the season that there's really nowhere for him to go but up.  From that perspective, sure.  

Gunnar, yes.  

Pretty much agree with the rest of your picks, Froberto Duran.

Adley will improve as will McCann.  Expect more power from both. Gunnar could be truly special in the 2nd half.  Mullins would another pick because he has the ability to take over for long stretches, he is arguably the leader of the offense.  Expect a big Aug and Sep from Cedric. 

On pitching expecting Grayson to surprise and have a dominant stretch after the trade deadline.  Also Lopez and Baker will step up.   Gibson unfortunately declines but gets replaced by Means in September. 

Edited by Pat Kelly