Thursday, July 6: Orioles aim for split in the Bronx

SteveA

I like what I saw in the pregame show about the Orioles hitting coach, Matt, pointing out the adjustments Gunnar made to get back on track. It was all about balancing his shoulders back to the way they were las season.

I like our hitting coaches. They see the subtlety's between when a hitter was hot and when a hitter was cold and help them, keeping with who they are as a player, to make adjustments to get back on track. 

1 minute ago, Malike said:

This is a bizarro world post. Even before he got a hit. The team has a huge offensive game, Urias hasn't played and he's the weak link after the team drops 8 runs by the 3rd inning? Is there a requirement that when a team scores oh, 13 runs, if one guy doesn't get a hit he's the weak link? Befuddling post.

Leave him alone....you dont know who you are messing with.  He will make you cry...it is what he does!

Wow.  This is all new and exciting.

Let's see.  You play old tired and lame players that have a history of doing 'not much' like Mateo, Frazier, and xxxx.

And get middling results.

Or............

You actually play exciting new and younger players that actually have a chance to do something?

Why was this even given a second thought?

I have played sports all of my life....and trained race horses for 25 years.  Take the young/inexperienced and exciting and possibly MUCH better players over the avg vets all day every day.

Why?  They have the potential to do exciting stuff.  The vets?  They are who they are. 

Now bring up Ortiz. GR, and Heston and you might actually do something this year.

Probably won't win it all.....although they could (next year looks great) but they damn well will do better than playing the players they were playing.