2023 8th Round Pick (#241): Braxton Bragg - RHP - (Sr) Dallas Baptist (TX)

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I remember that Colin Poche, who the O's drafted out of high school, began his college career at Arkansas before transferring to Dallas Baptist.   So, they have a pretty decent baseball program.

I dunno, Lew Ford played there 1996-1999.

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

I remember that Colin Poche, who the O's drafted out of high school, began his college career at Arkansas before transferring to Dallas Baptist.   So, they have a pretty decent baseball program.

DBU is a good program. They were a 2 seed in the Stillwater Regional and won 2 games before Oral Roberts knocked them out. They're 11th in NCAA wins since 2015. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Holy Civil War names, Batman.

He needs to go to a Club with a Southern League affiliate so he could take a loss at Chattanooga.

Here's to hoping our guy is better at pitching than the other one was at generaling.

1 minute ago, CharmCityHokie said:

I feel like it would be quite the coincidence if they didn't know given the uniqueness of the name. It's not like a kid running around named Bobby Lee.

He is from Missouri, so maybe the parents didn't know.  I am not a Civil War buff, but definitely have a pretty good knowledge of history and didn't know who he was until people started to bring this up.    

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

He is from Missouri, so maybe the parents didn't know.  I am not a Civil War buff, but definitely have a pretty good knowledge of history and didn't know who he was until people started to bring this up.    

Fair point, just the uniqueness of the name would be a coincidence, I don't know any Braxtons'