Gunnar Henderson vs Trea Turner WAR Watch

Aristotelian

42 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Expect?

Probably not.

But I'm not shocked that the #1 prospect in the game had a better first half than a 30 year old middle infielder.

Now Johan Heim having a better first half than a healthy Adley is a big shock.

On the preseason Correa thread, the consensus was nearly unanimous that Correa would improve the team this year, even if he would be an injury risk and liability in future years. We didn't do one for Trea, most likely because there were no rumors linking him to the O's. I got called "stupid" for suggesting we had SS covered. 

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

On the preseason Correa thread, the consensus was nearly unanimous that Correa would improve the team this year, even if he would be an injury risk and liability in future years. We didn't do one for Trea, most likely because there were no rumors linking him to the O's. I got called "stupid" for suggesting we had SS covered. 

Once again, and?

Also that would be why I added Correa to your initial post, because at least comparing those two would make some sort of sense and not be as random as picking Turner.

I will say that Correa at second would be an upgrade over Frazier.  😉

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

If SD was smart they would have let Manny go.

I agree with that, but not because I think he won’t earn his salary over the next 4-5 years.   It’s the back half that will be a killer.  

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Westburg- .6 WAR

Frazier- .2 WAR

250 more PA for Frazier.

If Westburg hits .325/.400/.500 the rest of the year, I think we’ll all agree we got more bang for the Buck from him than from Frazier.  

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Once again, and?

Also that would be why I added Correa to your initial post, because at least comparing those two would make some sort of sense and not be as random as picking Turner.

I will say that Correa at second would be an upgrade over Frazier.  😉

You don't have to find it interesting, I will be OK if you don't comment.  I agree the Correa comp is more directly relevant.

During the break nothing else is going on except some random trade ideas that probably won't happen. I think it is interesting to put in perspective the value of some of our players. Also to take stock of the overall rebuild strategy versus other paths not taken.