Monday July 17: Dodgers in town for 3

SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The Orioles are the epitome of the traditional underdog....low team payroll, young up and comers, no recent tradition of winning...that other fan bases can rally behind.  Those fan bases see what this team is accomplishing and see that happening with their team.  We are blessed to be run by those like Mike Elias and his crew, who have implemented a system to find athletic, talented, and character driven players to take us to the top of the mountain.  Besides Rutschman and Holliday, other teams had the opportunity to draft all of our other young studs.  Those like Westburg and Henderson were passed over by EVERYONE.  This is truly a fun group to watch.
    • Elias definitely knew what he was doing by not trading Westburg. 
    • He definitely needs to adjust to the changeup but he’s been hitting the ball hard this past week.   A couple long flies to Death Valley and the line out to RF yesterday.   He’ll be fine but he’ll be great if he ever learns to stay back and hit the changeup.   
    • Sometimes when I see posts about the Orioles on neutral posts like MLB.com and the like … I check comments to see what other teams fans are saying about the Orioles. They are generally overwhelmingly positive about how young and exciting they are and bad teams fans often say they’re rooting for the Orioles. Ill enjoy that now cause in a couple years, as we continue to kick everyone’s butts, I doubt fans will be as gracious towards us!
    • I loved Cowser early in his blistering hot streak, but the league is pitching him differently now and he hasn't seemed to make the adjustment.I hope he can. He's dropped about 100 points since the scouts figured him out.
    • Agreed on Westburg.  I see him as a more athletic JJ Hardy.  He's extremely reliable, consistent, good defense without being flashy, humble, hard-working, and someone who hits a home run but never watches it or showboats and just puts his head down and jogs quickly around the bases.  He's the kind of player Cal Sr. would have loved.
    • Confession - I turned the game off yesterday at the beginning of the 11th inning. Couldn't watch Kimbrel in that spot. Figured - ball game. My meds weren't strong enough. Had to watch later on condensed replay. Never cease to be amazed what these guys can do. I should know better than to give up on them. This is a special team of young men and I sure hope that the baseball gods let them go the distance. But, either way, they are The Funnest Team On Turf!
  • Popular Contributors