Monday July 17: Dodgers in town for 3

SteveA

Just now, oriolediehard said:

I am just dissapointed that we had a 3 run lead and we couldn't hold it.

Grand slams will do that.  Jim Palmer never gave up a grand slam .. in those situations he became even more focused on execution and location.  Guys like we have in this bullpen now just throw 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

A loss like this stings more when the Orioles had the game in hand and the potential for Grayson to get a win in his first start called up. Plus there was some bad defensive plays helping the Dodgers to rally.

As long as this loss doesn't set a tone for this series.

I personally dislike Frazier.....even when he hits some timely homeruns.  His defense is by my eye test horrible.  Odor was much better.  Frazier has bad hands a weak arm and does not go to his left well.  I dont want him anymore.   

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

A loss like this stings more when the Orioles had the game in hand and the potential for Grayson to get a win in his first start called up. Plus there was some bad defensive plays helping the Dodgers to rally.

As long as this loss doesn't set a tone for this series.

Got to bounce back the next 2 days before the road trip.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alasdaire said:

I often lament being in the AL East, but I would much rather go through whatever grouping you get in the AL playoffs than having to face Atlanta and the Dodgers. Just loaded teams/unimpeachable franchises.

As a reluctant Dodgers fan, I can attest to the idea that no matter how much of a well oiled killing machine the team is, it can always get tripped up by some other rando team in the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

As a reluctant Dodgers fan, I can attest to the idea that no matter how much of a well oiled killing machine the team is, it can always get tripped up by some other rando team in the playoffs.

That's fair. The key is making the playoffs enough time like the Braves/Dodgers have done. Do that enough time and eventually you'll break through.

The only way the O's will get there is having a consistent pipeline of talent coming up through the farm.

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

That's fair. The key is making the playoffs enough time like the Braves/Dodgers have done. Do that enough time and eventually you'll break through.

The only way the O's will get there is having a consistent pipeline of talent coming up through the farm.

For the rest of my life, I hope never to see a long drought of losing.  I'm prepared to see some of our young talent get traded when the time comes to replenish the system.

This will not be a popular post, but Adley was lazy tonight behind the plate. Backhanding breaking balls in the dirt, well that isn’t like him. His swings at two pitches he normally would clearly have taken, especially the 3-0 count. I am increasingly unimpressed with his defense and game calling. 

Hicks certainly should have had that catch near the wall.

Baker throwing four fastballs in the same spot with an 0-2 count…grand slam. This was a winnable game, and that was an awful sequence. You have to change speeds and eye level there. Terrible!

Urias’ at bats were terrible. He looked disinterested in the box tonight. His double was blooper that Outman played into a double. His body language tonight makes me wonder if he heard his name in trade rumors or something. 

33 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

This will not be a popular post, but Adley was lazy tonight behind the plate. Backhanding breaking balls in the dirt, well that isn’t like him. His swings at two pitches he normally would clearly have taken, especially the 3-0 count. I am increasingly unimpressed with his defense and game calling. 

Hicks certainly should have had that catch near the wall.

Baker throwing four fastballs in the same spot with an 0-2 count…grand slam. This was a winnable game, and that was an awful sequence. You have to change speeds and eye level there. Terrible!

Urias’ at bats were terrible. He looked disinterested in the box tonight. His double was blooper that Outman played into a double. His body language tonight makes me wonder if he heard his name in trade rumors or something. 

Team got a bit complacent after 8 straight wins. They will come back tomorrow focused.