My Thoughts on Today’s Game

RZNJ

7 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Just venting… to win 1-0 tonight we would’ve needed Fuji to get 3-4 outs. Maybe Perez for one. Cano 3. Bautista 3. 

It was better to lose that game with Fuji in the 6th rather than tax Cano and Bautista in a game where 1-0 was the best possible outcome. 

The blame is on the offense. The bottom 4 of the line up are really struggling. 

Again, we were never ahead in the game.  The score was 1-1 entering the inning.

17 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Fujinami admitted that he has trouble dealing with pressure. I hope the team has a remedy for that. Because they can't rely on him as a reliever if he's just going to melt under pressure. Kind of defeats the purpose of his job if they can't bring him in after a starter shows his day is done by letting a guy get on base.

It sounds like something is lost in translation here.  Could he have meant that he didn’t handle the pressure for that game vs. the broader sense?

Agreed that we need him in those high leverage situations though.

1.  3 -run lead. 9th inning.  You shouldn’t walk the leadoff man and especially shouldn’t throw a split on 2-2.

2. A cheap bloop to LF followed by a catchable ball to CF.   Now we know that Mateo can choke in multiple positions.  Nice, not great catch earlier.   A circuitous route to this one.

3. A great battle between Felix and Tucker.   Tucker and Alvarez are two reasons the Astros have been a great team.  Gotta give each credit.  Felix made some good pitches.  Bad location on the last one.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, banks703 said:

I’d say it’s time that Big Mike and Cano switch roles. Cano giving up the run in the 8th forces their hand to pitch Felix. Not only does he blow a 3-run lead but due to the number of pitches he threw he may he unavailable tomorrow and Thursday. 

I mean Baumann gave up a leadoff walk also. Too many of those from our relievers lately. 

• Upvote 1