Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

1 minute ago, RVAOsFan said:

I was thinking more like Prieto and McDermott or Rom. MLB pipeline has those prospects as 45’s. Norby and Povich 55 and 50

If so, I would’ve made that move. Sagesse has very good numbers so far. I assume the pitcher is similar to Povich based on the results he’s getting and his prospect ranking. 

4 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I’d consider Lorenzen to be disappointing. He’s not that good. Doesn’t move the needle for us at all. 

He’s a good replacement for Wells but not the guy you want starting game 1 of the playoffs.

Just now, RZNJ said:

He’s a good replacement for Wells but not the guy you want starting game 1 of the playoffs.

At this point everyone needs to make their peace with the fact that the O’s game 1 playoff starter, should such a thing occur, will be Kyle Bradish.

Just now, FlipTheBird said:

At this point everyone needs to make their peace with the fact that the O’s game 1 playoff starter, should such a thing occur, will be Kyle Bradish.

I'm fine with that. The problem is we need another good starter behind him.

1 minute ago, jdwilde1 said:

I don’t think that’s the case, even though the O’s definitely have more legitimate prospects than positions at the MLB level.  Rather, I think Elias and Co. are not going to move guys for a short term rental who could be part of a more substantive trade in the offseason.  The front office has shown that they are  not going to pay $2 for something that they value at $1, and I can’t fault them for that approach.

But until they make “that move”, whether it’s a trade or FA acquisition, I don’t know that we can continue to give them the benefit of the doubt. I understood the trades last year, and could even see the logic of not spending high on last years FA pitchers. But with their current league leading record and a glaring hole in the rotation, there’s really no excuse to not bring in a difference maker with their abundance of resources.

2 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

Haha.  I wouldn’t be surprised if it were actually Kyle Gibson.

22 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

MLB Pipeline listed 11, 14, NR. A solid package.

I don’t know how many here would have been amped to see Povich, Seth Johnson and a NR go.

Texas' farm system is not as good as ours, so their 11, 14 might roughly be our 17, 20.  or lower.  Hard to say.

This Montgomery & Stratton trade is frustrating as an O's fan, frankly.  We could easily have beat that return.  Perhaps another deal we like better is in the works.

Edited by Greg Pappas

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

The Tigers have 2 starters to move and he’s waiting to see what the Padres decide.  Maybe Snell/Hader is the first choice and the Tigers are the fall back.  Maybe.

Seattle too. They've got a bunch of young SP.