Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If this is true, you would think the Os know if he will waive his NTC to come here or not.

I don't know why so many people think it is out of the question he would come here.  He grew up 2 hours south in Virginia during a time before DC had a baseball team.  I don't know who his childhood team was but seems reasonable to think it was the O's. 

6 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Looks like neither Snell nor Cease is going to be moved. And some of the other desirable pitchers are already gone. But as long as we land, Verlander or Eduardo Rodriguez we will be good.

Please God/baseball gods/whoever/somebody,

I've been extra good this year. Just this one time could Scrooge McAngelos do the right thing and not be cheap? lol

Just now, RVAOsFan said:

I don't know why so many people think it is out of the question he would come here.  He grew up 2 hours south in Virginia during a time before DC had a baseball team.  I don't know who his childhood team was but seems reasonable to think it was the O's. 

I don’t think it’s out of the question but I can definitely see players and their families not wanting to come to Baltimore.

This is going to be a regrettable trade if it happens.

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Verlander isn't my top target but I'd hop all over that.

They cannot be delusional enough to think they’d get anyone on our top 10.   And if we give up anything of major significance … I would not be pleased.    

3 minutes ago, Keygans said:

Yeh, has to have been.  I would think a Vavra/Stowers should get it done.    Plus we pay about half of what’s left 

I had totally forgotten about Vavra as a trade chip.  He seems like a guy teams would be interested in and has no spot here. 

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t think it’s out of the question but I can definitely see players and their families not wanting to come to Baltimore.

You'd regret Vavra/Stowers for Verlander?

There's nothing to regret imo.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Keygans said:

Yeh, has to have been.  I would think a Vavra/Stowers should get it done.    Plus we pay about half of what’s left 

Zero chance of that getting it done.

They got a top guy for Scherzer and they want more for Verlander.

We are going to lose 1-2 of our best guys for an old, declining pitcher that we have to keep for next year.

6 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

This guy is on crack lol … proposes GRod, Kjerstad AND Cowser for Verlander lololol

https://risingapple.com/posts/ny-mets-rumors-justin-verlander-trade-orioles-demands

Well we know the O's aren't giving up Grayson because that would be nuking our short term and longer term chances as he is the only starter in the org with elite/TOR stuff, so we can dismiss this into the category of the White Sox fan who though Holliday and Henderson + was not enough for Cease and Jimenez.

Some fans are delusion, we have enough of them of our own. It is what it is.

Just now, Bemorewins said:

Looks like neither Snell nor Cease is going to be moved. And some of the other desirable pitchers are already gone. But as long as we land, Verlander or Eduardo Rodriguez we will be good.

Please God/baseball gods/whoever/somebody,

I've been extra good this year. Just this one time could Scrooge McAngelos do the right thing and not be cheap? lol

Maybe I'm crazy but I think the bigger issue would be prospect cost versus money. Mets will eat a fair amount of the money if the prospect haul is worth it. Ideally they'd meet in the middle and not move anyone higher than Norby, and take on the needed salary to get that deal done? I don't think Norby would be the only piece of course but I'd hope that he'd be the top piece, but that may be just as unrealistic as these Mets fans predicting Holliday + Kjerstad + Mayo coming back for all I know.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I tend to agree that this will be regrettable, but only if we lose multiple top prospects.   If there are a couple of guys like Stowers/Prieto/Vavra (like @Keygans suggested) going, I'd be OK with it provided that the Mets are picking up a good portion of his salary.