Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yeah ok. What else is new. I hope this is a cover for Angelos' awfulness. Because if not, Elias may not be the closer that we need. You can't keep watching strike 3 go by claiming you thought it was a ball. This is a results business.

18 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

People say no more trades but what if a player is DFA’d?  Teams still have the 7-10 days to trade them. I could see us picking a player up off of waivers if need be. Either after they clear or a small trade. Especially for a RP. 

No trades.

3 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I am very very very fine with today's move.....or really the lack thereof.

I have felt all year that the Os can win and maybe win big.....but if they do?  Let the youngsters do it.  Let this core so to speak come up and develop.  If they win they win.  If not?  So be it but good experience for them.

I really had no desire to trade a youngster who is raking in AAA, even Ortiz, for a 2 month rental.  It makes zero sense.  So the 2 month rental may or may not win 4 games the rest of the regular season and maybeeeeeeee a couple games in the playoffs.  So could Means and G Rod. 

Let us see how we finish....with a very good chance to win this year.....and then see how things go during the offseason and jnto next year and beyond when all of the youngsters in AAA and below, and even Cowser and Westburg....develop more.

I would much rather do that than trade away a Kjerstad who could be a star for a 2 month rental for a team that 'should' only get better the next 3-5 years.

What if they do all that and all the position players come up and we still don't have enough pitching? Then what? Just keeping waiting until Adley and Henderson's team controlled years run out?

1 minute ago, Fan4Life said:

I thought this guy was without hyperbole, until now. 

I have no doubt they poked the bear on ERod and when they found out it was going to cost some of our upper prospects on the top 100 list he rightly bailed.

2 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Yeah ok. What else is new. I hope this is a cover for Angelos' awfulness. Because if not, Elias may not be the closer that we need. You can't keep watching strike 3 go by claiming you thought it was a ball. This is a results business.

Judge him in the off-season when teams aren’t trying to take advantage of someone desperate. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Nite said:

I think they kicked the tires and when the Mets wanted some combo that included Mayo, Ortiz, Norby, ect the O's hung up the phone.

It's clear the O's were looking around but weren't willing to give up any of their top prospects for a rental or "sell" them off like the Rangers and Astros chose to do. I'm happy they didn't. 

Maybe some of the shopping for a controllable starter they did materializes this off-season.

That's fair, but my point was more that Verlander was steering the process with his no-trade clause and that ship was being steered to the port of Houston. I would have been stunned if it ended up any other way. I feel like the other teams mentioned were just used to try to get more out of the Astros. So while I'm sure we talked to the Mets, it was never really a realistic option, IMO.

2 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

It's a results business but what we want as fans and what ownership wants is not necessarily the same thing.

Elias doesn't answer to the fans.

If they can stay respectable and keep low that might be all ownership wants.