Blue Jays 4-game series

Just Regular

16 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

Doesn’t really get any better then winning 3/4 at TB and TOR in 2 weeks. That is huge and shows we are able to compete with anyone and on the road. Now let’s pound the hapless Mets this weekend.

Plus 2 of 3 vs NYY. Including wins vs Gausman and Cole. The boys are playing some good ball right now. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Fruitful Sunday night to Thursday afternoon.    96 hours ago the Jays had been running good for awhile and I think harbored hopes being near level with BAL/TBR tonight.      Now its a 2-team race.

Das ist Schadenfreude jah?  🤩

5 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Fruitful Sunday night to Thursday afternoon.    96 hours ago the Jays had been running good for awhile and I think harbored hopes being near level with BAL/TBR tonight.      Now its a 2-team race.

To be fair, I think the Bichette injury deflated them. But the Orioles are still the superior team, even with Bichette.

6 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Plus 2 of 3 vs NYY. Including wins vs Gausman and Cole. The boys are playing some good ball right now. 

It has been a brutal schedule the past two weeks and they passed the test with flying colors. Now they need to pound the so-so teams that are coming up.

6 hours ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

Doesn’t really get any better then winning 3/4 at TB and TOR in 2 weeks. That is huge and shows we are able to compete with anyone and on the road. Now let’s pound the hapless Mets this weekend.

we always seem to play down to an opponent...I wont think this will be an "easy" series...but Bautista is rested...so there's that...

11 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

we always seem to play down to an opponent...I wont think this will be an "easy" series...but Bautista is rested...so there's that...

I don't even know what playing down to an opponent looks like anymore, we haven't played a sub-.500 opponent since when, like early June?

Edited by Hallas

For the series against the Jays, the O's went 13/39 (.333) with runners in scoring position and the Jays went 2/29 (.069).

The stake is not all the way through this Blue Jays team, but this felt like some sweet revenge for 1985, 1989, 1992, and 2016 when the Jays administered the (effective) death blow to the Orioles each season.

Edited by Filmstudy

12 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

When we’re really thinking that we should’ve won game three 2-1, that is a sign of a really good baseball team. The SP is a strength 1-5. The lineup is really good 1-8. Great Depth. All of this without Mullins and Hicks.

Mountcastle having this series was like trading for the best bat on the market. He’s having a Tim Beckham like stretch post ASB. 

27 minutes ago, AlbNYfan said:

I can't figure out what happened to the Blue Jays. They always seemed to be a loose bunch, green jacket, joking around. This year they just seem flat, bored. Why the change??

Seems like Schneider has lost the clubhouse. He has made numerous poor decisions. In our series he made the decision to walk Hays and pitch to Gunnar lefty on lefty, which backfired badly. There was also this:

https://dailyhive.com/toronto/blue-jays-matt-chapman-lays-into-manager-john-schneider-for-pitching-to-shohei-ohtani

And this:

8 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

It has been a brutal schedule the past two weeks and they passed the test with flying colors. Now they need to pound the so-so teams that are coming up.

I wouldn’t go too far with the so-so. After the Mets it’s Houston. And after Houston it’s a long WC trip. Regardless of the teams involved there, a WC trip is always a challenge (well except maybe the OAK games at the end of it)