Who do we want to start Game One of the World Series?

Baltimorecuse

TBD...  Depends on who's throwing consistently well.

At the moment I'd go with this order:  Bradish, Flaherty, Grayson.  Though I think Flaherty's experience gives him the #1 nod in the playoffs.

The upside and floor are pretty strong.  They just need to continue to prove it.

Stoked for the playoff run!!!

3 minutes ago, dzorange said:

For the postseason in general, I still favor Gibson and Flaherty. The only two guys who have any sort of postseason experience, and as a whole probably the two best pitchers. Not to say Bradish or Grayson can't be the best pitcher in the rotation at any time, but between the innings issues and inexperience I think their production could be more volatile.

You're not wrong on the experience and volatility...

59 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If he’s still pitching, as I said a month or 2 ago, it’s Grayson. But he may not be pitching then. 

I believe Elias said they couldn’t shut any of the pitchers down during a pennant chase, assuming that comment extends to Grayson.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

They don’t need to justify anything to us. They can do what they want.

Justify to themselves.

I don't get how you can reconcile hurting the team's playoff chances by going forward with a course of action that you know you have no evidence to support it.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Justify to themselves.

I don't get how you can reconcile hurting the team's playoff chances by going forward with a course of action that you know you have no evidence to support it.

Well, I guess it could get to the point where they feel it’s just too many innings.  

I have said all year that I think he can get as high as 150 innings. 

The IP he showed last year is misleading, so he can get higher than most people think.

The question is, how far past that threshold are you willing to go? 

The thing to watch will be velo, mechanics, etc…anything there and he’s shut down. 

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

This board is hilarious.  First place in August after 5 years of largely crap and you're talking about Game One starters, World Series starters....you're like the dorky 9th grader who all of a sudden found a weight bench and can bench press the bar and got all cocky all of a sudden.  

I don’t see any issue with it. 

First of all, this is an Os message board, so throwing stuff like this out there is supposed to be why this board exists.

Secondly, they are 100% making the playoffs, so these things are worth discussing. What this question is really asking is, when you are in the playoffs, who do you project to be our best starter.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sports Guy said:

I don’t see any issue with it. 

First of all, this is an Os message board, so throwing stuff like this out there is supposed to be why this board exists.

Secondly, they are 100% making the playoffs, so these things are worth discussing. What this question is really asking is, when you are in the playoffs, who do you project to be our best starter.

I just checked and Fangrpahs have them at 94.9% which seems pretty low.  I would have put it at something closer to 98.8 or so and I'm a noted pessimist.