Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Haha, Britt just called out Rob on his show! :D

This is so good. She flamed John pretty hard because she doesn’t have t worry about his backlash anymore. Bringing up the MLK day BS, previous broadcasters, the lease, etc. I loved it. Rob sounded entertained as well. 

11 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Incredible. 

Kevin should quietly come back like he's toeing the company line, and then do his best to work Manny Machado into as many conversations as possible.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Can someone sum this up for me?  At work and don't have audio capability currently. 

She said it was pretty easy to confirm. She said she was on the phone with people with the Orioles last night and said they are all going to say it isn't true because it loosk terrible and nobody gave her any indictaion that it wasn't true, and people with the Orioles claimed they had evidence (like it was a regular scheduled break) but couldn't give it to her.  

Rob still said its hard to believe because of the graphics and why the graphic guys didn't get in trouble. And Rob has been in the position before and never got in trouble. And Britt said that Rob knows how MASN can be and people have gotten in trouble underwraps before for things like mentioning Manny Machado or before they made up with Adam Jones he was basically public enemy number 1. And she said its hard being a broadcaster there and they want to control what they say. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

She said it was pretty easy to confirm. She said she was on the phone with people with the Orioles last night and said they are all going to say it isn't true because it loosk terrible and nobody gave her any indictaion that it wasn't true, and people with the Orioles claimed they had evidence (like it was a regular scheduled break) but couldn't give it to her.  

Rob still said its hard to believe because of the graphics and why the graphic guys didn't get in trouble. And Rob has been in the position before and never got in trouble. And Britt said that Rob knows how MASN can be and people have gotten in trouble underwraps before for things like mentioning Manny Machado or before they made up with Adam Jones he was basically public enemy number 1. And she said its hard being a broadcaster there and they want to control what they say. 

Birtt also said someone who works for John Angelos said yesterday "oh you couldn't wait to write this article"

If there was any, even slightly sane, reason for the non-suspension suspension, Roch would have written about it this morning citing "sources" because the Orioles are getting torched. Checked his blog this morning, radio silence. Tells you all you need to know 

• Upvote 1

Probably my last comment on this. I would be really disappointed if Ben McDonald and Jim Palmer put up with this if the "statement" was the reason. Both are seemingly secure and I would hope they would protest in some manner (not show up??) if this was the case. They are cowards IMO if they infer it's ok to be suspended if that was the case. Professionalism includes standing up for a colleague that is getting screwed.

9 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

This is so good. She flamed John pretty hard because she doesn’t have t worry about his backlash anymore. Bringing up the MLK day BS, previous broadcasters, the lease, etc. I loved it. Rob sounded entertained as well. 

Rob needs to be careful though. Britt was going scorched earth on John Angelos for sure! It was a good listen.

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Haha, Britt just called out Rob on his show! :D

I find this thing so hard to believe, but alot of people I trust, including you, say there is alot of truth to this.  Therefore, I believe it.

I will say, as someone who fires people frequently, there is usually much more behind the scenes than the "reason" given" sometimes.  However, I really dont trust the O's outside of Elias/Sig.

I do like Kevin as an announcer and am pretty disappointed in the O's.  Appreciate you and the other reporters getting the story out.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, AlbNYfan said:

Probably my last comment on this. I would be really disappointed if Ben McDonald and Jim Palmer put up with this if the "statement" was the reason. Both are seemingly secure and I would hope they would protest in some manner (not show up??) if this was the case. They are cowards IMO if they infer it's ok to be suspended if that was the case. Professionalism includes standing up for a colleague that is getting screwed.

Jim's been doing this a long time, and Ben's not exactly fresh meat, either. It's likely that Jim has been the subject of wrist slaps like this in the past and has had to put up with the orgs poor treatment of his colleagues on multiple occasions.

I agree it would make a strong statement for Palmer to do something in solidarity for KB, but I also don't expect it, unfortunately.

Interesting tidbit from Britt’s article yesterday:

“Multiple sources briefed on the decision say ownership has enacted a new policy mandating that their broadcasters wear only team gear when on-air, which has rankled some. That snafu led to Brown filling in on radio after his comment in the Rays series because another broadcaster got in trouble. 

So despite how egregious the behavior is toward Kevin Brown, Angelos thought it was even worse that the RADIO broadcaster wasn’t wearing an Orioles shirt.