Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

I feel like I should know the answer to this since I've lived in LA for 18 years, but do other teams go through this kind of off-field bullcrap but we don't see it because we aren't looking?  It really feels like the O's come close to taking the cake here.

I say "come close" because the A's exist.  And there was that situation with McCourt getting worked over by his ex-wife in divorce proceedings.

22 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Jump to conclusions much? I don't know Brown, never met him, so I don't know if he's a jerk or not, but the people i do know that know him have never said anything bad about him. But we have a long line of behavior from JA. I mean, you can have any opinion you want, and if you want to stand on that hill defending feel free, but this has all the makings of an Angelos move.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I said it was a wild thought...I didn't say I thought it was fact. 

But I'll say this about that:  If you think Kevin Brown, someone who is 32 years old and is on the upswing of his career is interested in being the Orioles broadcaster for 20+ years and doesn't have aspirations past here, then you're being naive.  

Whether he's a jerk about it or not is a different story altogether.  I think that he probably isn't, but that doesn't mean that this can't be a case of Kevin Brown having career aspirations past Baltimore and JA being a jerk about it.  

Edited by Moose Milligan

Kevin Brown is about as good as it gets as a play by play announcer. There are a lot of good color commentators out there but generally play by play range from irritating to passable. It’s very rare to find one that you’re actually happy to have in the booth compared to any others, and Brown is the first that the Orioles have had since Thorne. Who knows how long it will be until the next one if they do lose Brown over this.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

But this was such a correct choice it honestly will dwarf any stupid plays he makes with the broadcast people.  Give me playoffs year after year and I will get used to whoever they give the play by play to.  

Unless that PBP announcer is named Buck Martinez

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, banks703 said:

It looked like she was fanning herself but after re-watching it, it appears that she was gesturing with her hand so to depict a convo back and forth. In any event, super weird whoever the hell Margaret Angelos is.. to be interrupting an O's broadcast to get a selfie with Brach. You can tell how awkward he is about it after:

She's definitely pointing toward him here:

image.png.d97e7f63077818793785ef9cdecda956.png

Then he's clearly looking at a tv or mirror or something to see what she's doing like "heh. yeah. don't do that shit again, lady":

image.png.b00f4d98c5636fc1d14422c339241842.png

This is real cringe.  She obviously is tipsy.  Also John lets her do it.  Makes me wonder if they have a "special kind of marriage?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It is wild how the Angelos family seem to know how to make the wrong play.  Peter firing Davy Johnson like a day before or after he was manager of the year.  Peter firing Lowenstein and Jon Miller.  

John should hire himself a person to be the face of Orioles operations not including Elias's baseball operations.  He should let himself sink into the background at the stadium.  He dramatically needs to just get some professionals to do their job and stay out of day to day stuff.  

How he did not know who the reporter was at the famous Martin Luther King press conference is beyond me.  The reporter had been around for 25 years covering the Orioles.  It was insane he didnt know him and then said comeback in a week and I will open up the books.   

God John just shut up and hire a pro to do your public speaking work.  

Edited by Gurgi