Angelos wanted two year lease extension

Going Underground

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I feel pretty bad for him.

He's had a rough week.

His problem is he has drawn the attention of the media.  They are finally digging in on his plans and his behavior.  They are making calls, asking for information getting stuff off the record and following up.  

I would expect in the next two or three weeks for some more well written detailed articles will be published in the print media.   I am sure lots of people are working on stories. 

And every person with a grief with Angelos will be contacted.  LOL.  Its going to be fun for John for a while.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

My boss has heard John is not too happy about the leak of the letter. MSA got a call from not very happy John.

It would be fantastic if JA took away lessons from this week that his shady activities aren't immune from being leaked, so maybe he should start being less shady. 

In the end, it's all probably not going to change anything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

The monorail from stadium to Harborplace will be amazing 

Is this an actual thing, or are you cracking a joke?

Many years ago, I attended a day/night doubleheader.  In between the games we walked over to Harborplace and had dinner, then walked bad.  It wasn’t too bad a hike.

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Is this an actual thing, or are you cracking a joke?

Many years ago, I attended a day/night doubleheader.  In between the games we walked over to Harborplace and had dinner, then walked bad.  It wasn’t too bad a hike.

No ,in one of the plans but way too early if this idea ever gets off the ground. Look up gondola at Harborplace and that also way an idea thrown out..

22 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Angelos wants there to be attractions within an easy walk of the stadium.  That helps attendance.  Makes sense to me.  

Let's maybe correct that statement a bit... JA wants attractions he has interests in within easy access to the stadium.  That much has to be true.  Likely, that makes him additional money outside Orioles proper and it probably explains JA's not very happy call to MSA.

1 minute ago, drjohnnyfever1 said:

Let's maybe correct that statement a bit... JA wants attractions he has interests in within easy access to the stadium.  That much has to be true.  Likely, that makes him additional money outside Orioles proper and it probably explains JA's not very happy call to MSA.

Yeah, fine.  Both are good motivations for him.  JA thinks of himself as some visionary Master of the Universe.  The rest of us view him as a bozo who happens to be the son of a very rich man. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Seems like the industrial park type area across from the stadiums would be pretty conducive to this type of development (area bounded by MLK, Russell Street, and Ostend, then even continuing into Lot O). Certainly wouldn't want them to use imminent domain, but seems like you could make the current owners of that area a pretty convincing offer / interest in the project.

You could definitely do quite bit plot of land 2x+ the footprint of OPACY.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Plus he can see how the A's relocation is handled.  I don't care what he says about Fort McHenry ,he finds an out and doesn't like how the MSA negotiations are going, good bye 

JA wants 2 vs 5 year extension because if his lobbyists don't get more than the $600M from the State, he will sell after PA dies. PA is 96, 2 yrs is a good bet.