Padres series

Frobby

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

More good pitching in a big park. Similar to Seattle although SD has more offensive talent.

Padres still have some chance to make the playoffs but they have to start getting hot like now. 

I'd prefer they get hot 4 days from now. 

Call me crazy, but Snell's the only match-up that has me concerned. Yes, Darvish has been solid lately, but he's been wildly inconsistent all season and I really feel like Rodriguez is on the verge of a very dominant start. And I'd rather have Flaherty on the bump than Wacha. Hoping the O's can help error correct his unbelievable lucky ERA to the 4.20 xERA that it should be. 

• Thanks 1

I’ll just keep eating up the plus money from Vegas. Gotta love getting the best team in the AL as underdogs. 

From what we just saw in Seattle, the SP we face can only get worse. Wacha is a good matchup for us and Snell is a 5 and dive guy. Plus, I like our approach of being aggressive against big time pitchers. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's a trap series necessarily because they have good starters going and they have a dangerous lineup, even if it's inconsistent. But I doubt they catch the O's sleepwalking or coming off of an emotional letdown; they've been so good about showing up to each game with the same scrappy attitude. I think the games will be close and the O's take 2 of 3.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Darvish has pitched well of late, 2.55 ERA in his last 6 starts, with 5 of those starts being very good.  Shockingly, he’s only faced the Orioles once in his career, all the way back in 2016.

There was that one other time in 2012 at the end of his USA debut season!

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

More good pitching in a big park. Similar to Seattle although SD has more offensive talent.

Padres still have some chance to make the playoffs but they have to start getting hot like now. 

I suspect this is part of the reason the Padres underperform, though certainly not the only reason.

They have star pitchers and hitters, but how many of those stars are great defenders, or good at manufacturing runs, moving runners over, etc.?

It feels like a team that if you keep the ball in the park and grind out a few runs, you have a sold chance to win.