Arm injury for Bautista?

Sports Guy

Losing Felix will surely hurt, but closer is a pretty overrated position and I think they'll manage to get 3 outs in the 9th somehow. It was great having the big K guy back there, but injury happens and you pick up the pieces and move on. I'm not going to speculate that I know what's wrong with his arm, but I'm sure they'll be able to piece the 9th out if they have to.

1 minute ago, Sanity Check said:

It means they are taking the precaution in the event a move is necessary.  They are preparing for the potential need.  No roster moves have been announced.

Why must so many people just to conclusions?

Because we are all jaded Orioles fans.

Hurt people hurt people. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, BRobinsonfan said:

Right!  Was it over after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  Hell no!

But if it's all the same to you I'm gonna feel a little disappointed at this turn of events. 

Ha! I almost posted the same thing. 🤣

And yes, we should all be a little disappointed with Felix being injured. He is a tough guy to face in the 9th. He is a distinct advantage for us. However, he blew six saves this year. The next guys will blow some too. That is the game. It is a long season, and we have to move on.

I just don’t see why we should wallow in this so much. We don’t know yet what the injury is. So, I’d hope they stay focused on what the goal is here. LFG!

Edited by Jammer7

1 hour ago, banks703 said:

This very well might be the injury but this dumbass doesn’t know his head from his ass. Felix didn’t just walk off the mound. The staff circled around him and took him off the mound. This isn’t even remotely accurate to what happened. He threw the pitch, felt whatever he felt and signaled for the staff to come out. The decision was made for him to exit the game. We don’t know if he decided it or they decided it.

dumbass 

He did kinda walk off the mound though. 

26 minutes ago, Malike said:

Losing Felix will surely hurt, but closer is a pretty overrated position and I think they'll manage to get 3 outs in the 9th somehow. It was great having the big K guy back there, but injury happens and you pick up the pieces and move on. I'm not going to speculate that I know what's wrong with his arm, but I'm sure they'll be able to piece the 9th out if they have to.

Closer is overrated..elite reliever is not. He’s a monster loss.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

He did kinda walk off the mound though. 

But it does sound better to say that they circled him, and took him off the mound.....adds drama. 

Maybe he walked off because they don't make stretchers in his size, but more likely it's because his legs were okay.  🙂

22 minutes ago, Malike said:

Felix is (was?) unusually valuable in extra-inning games because of his high K rate. That almost certainly won't be replaced -- have to start winning more games in regulation.

Injuries, especiallly to pitchers who throw hard, are part of the game. The Orioles have had fewer than their share this season. You want to be disappointed? Imagine that in the midst of a pennant race your shortstop, who is one of your best hitters, becomes unavailable for an unknown period of time for reasons that are hazy but have to do with a failure to keep a certain something in his pants. Now that's  :bangwall: .