I'm kind of glad this is happening now.

vab

34 minutes ago, vab said:

All the complaining about the lineup and various ideas on the board for how to fix this and that - forget it. This is just a slump. It's a terrible time for it but it's here and every team goes through it over the course of a season. But the good thing is they're getting it out of the way now. This is not going to last another two plus weeks so this club should be on the upswing by the time the playoffs get here. Now it will probably cost the division but that's not that big of a deal. The playoffs are a crap shoot so you just get in and try to get hot. Another 2 or 3 games in the wild card round is not going to make or break anything. I may just be whistling past the graveyard but I really think this may work out in the long run. 

I wouldn’t assume the division isn’t a possibility just because of these 2 games. Win 1/2 and we stay ahead of them.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, banks703 said:

Losing sole possession of the division lead (at home on a night when one of your most celebrated players of the last 30 years is retiring) is not a good thing no matter how it’s spun.

The Rays are eating the O’s lunch. 

As Buck would say, the Rays are the big D##k in the shower.

• Haha 1

O's have a recent streak of seven wins in a row, and now they lose four in a row. These things happen in the course of 162. They'll get back in a groove. The hitting will bounce back and I have confidence in Kremer, GRod, and Gibson  to steady things pitching-wise (not sure of the order of the next starts). And Bradish was not terrible nor was Means in his first start.

Keep your eyes on the prize. I know the team is that way. 

• Upvote 4