Heston Kjerstad 2023

Spy Fox

13 hours ago, Pickles said:

I know I'll get killed for this but I'll say it anyway:

The attitude and the way they carry themselves couldn't be more different between Cowser and Kjerstad.

Cowser always looked like he as in a comedy club and having the time of his life without a care in the world.

Kjerstad looks like he's engaged in something serious.

I found Cower's demeanor a little offputting to tell you the truth.

If that was Cowser's attitude, why is it bad? Just because he didn't perform doesn't make his attitude bad. Do you think his attitude is why he didn't perform that well?

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

If that was Cowser's attitude, why is it bad? Just because he didn't perform doesn't make his attitude bad. Do you think his attitude is why he didn't perform that well?

People pontificating about players attitudes on here is one of the funniest things. 

No one grumbles when darling Gunnar shakes his head, pouts like a little leaguer and rips off his batting gloves after striking out but Jack Flaherty looking upset after a bad performance is beyond the pale. 

Cowser was fine. If he came up and hit like Kjerstad is hitting, no one says anything about his “attitude.”

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, dystopia said:

What is with all the questions about players’ attitudes all of the sudden? 

No idea, but it's all insane. Acting like Cowser keeping things light in the clubhouse is a negative is wild to me. His teammates love him. 

Does that mean the team should stop with all of the water themed celebrations? Adley does goofy things all time - should he be reprimanded for not being a competitor? 

• Upvote 1

Gotta love the adversity this dude overcame too. He just started playing in games about this time last year before having to sit out two years basically. Now he’s the big ox strong dude we thought he would be. Scouting reports are a mofo though, but you can’t teach power like he has. 

Also, this shouldn’t be Kjerstad vs Cowser, or any negatives about Cowser. Cowser will be alright. He’s got an entire offseason to make adjustments. Players can make adjustments. See Mullins. He was a switch hitter, and dropped that. That’s a big deal. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Cowser is a comedian. Kjerstad is a competitor.

I think everyone on this O's team are competitors. They can also be other things as well. Good chemistry requires a mix of personalities.

Rick Dempsey was a tremendous competitor, but he was also a total "class clown". He was also a World Series MVP. 

Watch this video of him during rain delays: 

Back to Kjerstad, he’s got nice, easy power.  I was listening to a podcast yesterday and the Bowie PA announcer was a guest.  He said what surprised him about Kjerstad when he was at Bowie was how much power he had to the opposite field and the LCF alley.  That was on full display last night with his HR to LF and two long fly outs in the alley (374 and 387 feet).   He definitely shows 35-40 HR potential.