Felix Bautista to have Tommy John Surgery, likely to miss all of 2024

Orioles Jim

8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

No surprising. Definitely makes getting a legitimate closer this offseason a priority.

What if Cionel continues to be nails in the post-season?

I was certain that they would cut him loose earlier this year during his struggles but he has been really good the last six weeks or so and truthfully, I think I trust him more in the ninth right now than I do Cano unless the matchup is obnoxiously in Cano’s favor.

I think it’s also possible that they tell TWells to prepare for the role in the off-season.

All of this to agree that they do still need to go after a guy with closing  experience… but that I won’t be surprised if they don’t. Hell, I could even see them being back Jorge Lopez to close if they think they can fix him in the off-season. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

No surprising. Definitely makes getting a legitimate closer this offseason a priority.

Yep and I don't want hear any whining from John Angelos about spending money on high priced free agents. If he wants the fans to show up at OPACY show some commitment to winning and sign a top free agent reliever.

I would love to bring Josh Hader back home. This team doesn't have many holes to fill and it won't break the bank to bring in a top bullpen arm.

When there wasn't any word about Bautista being activated this weekend to have him test out his arm against live competition, I figured TJ surgery was inevitable.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Yep and I don't want hear any whining from John Angelos about spending money on high priced free agents. If he wants the fans to show up at OPACY show some commitment to winning and sign a top free agent reliever.

I would love to bring Josh Hader back home. This team doesn't have many holes to fill and it won't break the bank to bring in a top bullpen arm.

When there wasn't any word about Bautista being activated this weekend to have him test out his arm against live competition, I figured TJ surgery was inevitable.

Not sure who is out there but with Hall, Coulombe, and Cionel I am guessing Elias will want someone cheaper and RH.