Trevor Bauer

Yossarian

1 hour ago, dystopia said:

Schilling is a legit piece of crap politics aside. Just look at the recent Wakefield stuff. 

Lol someone downvoted this? Does Schilling’s mom post here or something? Surely nobody is going to defend him for outing Wakefield’s cancer diagnosis without his permission?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Lol someone downvoted this? Does Schilling’s mom post here or something? Surely nobody is going to defend him for outing Wakefield’s cancer diagnosis without his permission?

Clay Dalrymple.  Catchers always side with pitchers.  Clay is 86 and caught for the O’s in 69,70, and 71.   A good luck charm?   

Edited by RZNJ
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Also, it;s worth pointing out that the reporter who made the claim on Twitter was not the reporter who wrote the story. It was another Athletic writer who probably saw the story and made an impulsive tweet in error. Highly unlikely she would have had access to the medical records and thus unlikely she was lying. Bauer dropped his lawsuit after the Athletic issued a clarification along the lines you are suggesting, and the non-writer reporter retracted her tweet. 

For what it's worth, Bauer's lawsuit against Deadspin was dismissed with prejudice since they reported accurately the contents of the report (symptoms of fracture). 

There is literally a video of her in bed next to Bauer the next morning after sexings.  He is sleeping.  She looks perfectly fine and is smirking into the camera.  Not a mark on her.

This was a total set up and imo MLB owes Bauer a settlement worth lots and lots of $$$$$.  And an official apology.

6 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

As I have said repeatedly, we don't know that. You think you know that.

I will wait to hear from the Athletic and/or Molly Knight and see how the process plays out before making a determination.

Perhaps Bauer will quietly drop his suit and maintain his claim of victory and vindication, but that would still not give enough information to make an informed decision of whether they got out over their skis.

Have you seen the video the girl took of herself the next morning while in bed with Bauer?

If not, I highly suggest that you do.  She looked as healthy and fresh as a Sunday morning walk down the tulip lane.

There is no way IN **** she had a fractured skull, or a hangnail for that matter. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

3 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

Think whatever you want, but defending the idea that “Trevor Bauer is a good guy” is definitely not a hill I’m willing to die upon, nor even lightly tussle upon.

No one is saying that.

What people like me are saying is MLB  and the MSM completely f'd the guy over....all over a complete lie. 

One has nothing to do with the other.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

I see three factors why the O's will not be interested in Bauer as a free agent.

1.    The media attention he will get would be disruptive to the O's team concept.

2. Based on that he pitched 156 innings in 2023 in the Japanese League and is healthy he will probably command at least 25m/year from some team if he is reinstated by MLB.    O's will not go there.

3.  He will be 33 next season.   If the O's sign someone that age they expect a mentor.  It does not sound like Bauer is a fit for the O's.

JMO

There is no way in the world he gets $25 M a year. 

Maybe $5 to $7 M a year on a one year, maybe 2, prove it contract. 

5 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

Think whatever you want, but defending the idea that “Trevor Bauer is a good guy” is definitely not a hill I’m willing to die upon, nor even lightly tussle upon.

So that means he can be smeared, slandered, and robbed?

Gross.

5 hours ago, SilentJames said:

I guess what we are missing here is that Bauer's predilection, his peccadillo, for "rough sex" tends to leave the other person involved with serious injuries (serious enough to warrant a trip to the hospital and get an x-ray of their skull to ensure there ISN'T a fracture) while he - doesn't seem to have any real marks on him? 

Like, I don't know man, that sounds like he gets off on beating women up to me. His entire defamation argument isnt that he beat her - its that he didnt in fact fracture her skull. 

Like, that is not the flex you think it is. 

I think it's funny that you think it proves your point, and not completely mine, when you had to go to those "uSuAl" sites to find any accurate reporting of the sex crimes committed by members of the group the Dodgers were celebrating.  Yeah, the media is totally telling it straight.

Weird, cause I thought you were all ZERO tolerance when it came to sex crimes.

4 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I had already seen this video when I made the smoke and fire comment.   He might be completely innocent regarding this woman and the others but I remain skeptical and his complete lack of emotion (my opinion) about allegedly being treated so unfairly is interesting to me.   My gut feeling is that he’s a bad dude.

If he was ranting and raving and calling her names then that would be "proof" too; he can't win under those standards.

There is something called Due Process in this country.  It didn't just disappear in 2017.

You can have all the gut feelings you want, you can't smear and deperson a man based on your gut feelings.

We're not arguing if he's a bad dude.  That's irrelevant.

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

Now you are getting political.  I’ll only say this: obviously teams do care about whether a player will offend its fans.  They’re in the business of attracting fans, not repelling them.  In that sense, it doesn’t matter if the fans are justified in feeling the way they do.  If they feel a certain way, the team will take note.  

I'm trying not to though in good faith.

And your point is completely correct.  That is exactly the point.

And the reason the Dodgers cut Bauer and MLB screwed him, was because they knew the media would make a firestorm out of it otherwise.

And the reason they platformed the other group is because they knew the media would applaud them for it.

The media does not report the news; they shape/create an agenda.

And in this case, a man, who may or not be an ass, had his life utterly destroyed because of it.

I guess I just don't think that's cool.  Seems like I grew up in a different country.

Edited by Pickles

13 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I'm trying not to though in good faith.

And your point is completely correct.  That is exactly the point.

And the reason the Dodgers cut Bauer and MLB screwed him, was because they knew the media would make a firestorm out of it otherwise.

And the reason they platformed the other group is because they knew the media would applaud them for it.

The media does not report the news; they shape/create an agenda.

And in this case, a man, who may or not be an ass, had his life utterly destroyed because of it.

I guess I just don't think that's cool.  Seems like I grew up in a different country.

I live in S Cal and the Dodgers are probably the most woke and leftist organization in baseball.  They will pander to anything that is woke and left to win virtue points.

Put it this way.....probably 60-70% of the Dodger fan base is Hispanic.  90% of Hispanics are Catholic.  That didn't stop the Dodgers from honoring a trans group for Pride night this summer where the trans members were shown on video strip dancing on a cross of Jesus.  That would never have happened with another religion, like Islam for example.  But because Catholics and Christianity are in general a religion that can be scorned right now in the main stream media?  They honored them.

I am not religious at all but I thought it was completely disgusting.  So the fact that the Dodgers were so quick to exile Bauer?  Completely normal for them. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I think it's funny that you think it proves your point, and not completely mine, when you had to go to those "uSuAl" sites to find any accurate reporting of the sex crimes committed by members of the group the Dodgers were celebrating.  Yeah, the media is totally telling it straight.

Weird, cause I thought you were all ZERO tolerance when it came to sex crimes.

I mean it was covered in local news sites but didn’t get picked up nationally because random guy who would not be there getting arrested for gross self manipulation in public - who was condemned and his arrest supported by the org in question I mean what is the story exactly?

it’s over? He was arrested, they said that he should be prosecuted for his disgusting actions - shrug? 

he was arrested and is being prosecuted. He wasn’t on the field, he didn’t get the novelty plaque. Eff that guy.