Streaming the O's Playoff Run

Aristotelian

You can watch Fox games online on foxsports.com and use the free trial that lasts an hour. Watch in an icognito tab and when the trial is over close the window and open it again. kind of works the same for the Roku app. Watch the free trial and then delete the foxsports app comepletly and then re install

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SouthRider said:

MLB.tv forces you to link your network 'provider'  to your account in order to watch on their app.   Such a disgrace.  NFL+ allows me to stream the games I would normally get in my local area.  I get not broadcasting MASN games on their app, but NBC/ABC/FOX/FS1?  Come on!   

Is this just for the playoffs? I've been able to watch everything (except a couple that only offered audio). Come to think of it, I may have linked a provider... but I'm not certain that I did either. 

On 10/4/2023 at 10:54 AM, Aglets said:

I've been a cord cutter for many years now, haven't really regretted it at all.  I have a HD antenna in my attic and will be watching all of the O's playoff games on FOX.

I find those fascinating. I didn't grow up with any antennas and was jealous of my friends who did the pre cable days! I had to go to my grandmas to see NBC coverage of those 1969 - 1971 World Series and even then it was kind of grainy.

I was up in our attic awhile back and noticed the previous owners had an antenna (from maybe the 80s) up there near the eaves. Been thinking about making use of it, but I have no clue how to go about it. I imagine it may be way better than that antenna device that I have to move several feet in different directions to get needed HDTV over the air clearly. 

I do have bounced back between Sling and YouTube TV in recent years and decided to stick with the latter. But there's one TV in our music room I wouldn't mind having better over the air reception. 

8 hours ago, waroriole said:

I pay 60 for orange and blue package with sling. You also get Fox as part of the package. If it’s just one month it might be worth it. 

I concur. I've done this for the NCAA hoops tourney. And all for the price of maybe two beers and two hotdogs. A bargain. 

Update.  So FS1 threw a minor wrench into my plans.   Fortunately many streaming services offer it, so see if you can get a free trial or something first.

If not, i think Sling TV is the best option.  You can sign up for your "first month" of either plan (Blue is the one with FS1) for just 20 bucks.   So that's what I'm going with for the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Update.  So FS1 threw a minor wrench into my plans.   Fortunately many streaming services offer it, so see if you can get a free trial or something first.

If not, i think Sling TV is the best option.  You can sign up for your "first month" of either plan (Blue is the one with FS1) for just 20 bucks.   So that's what I'm going with for the playoffs. 

That would absolutely be my recommendation.  I have Sling and just bounce back and forth between Blue and Orange - the change is immediate and the identical cost of $40.  One has ESPN channels, the other has the Fox/FS1/FS2 channels. Once you’re in, you can use the Fox or ABC or ESPN apps too.

• Upvote 1