of course, I CARE. But if we lose ...I'm perfectly happy with the season

Roy Firestone

Roy, I'm with you. Maybe it's our age? I'm pleased and surprised that we won the AL East and got this far. I look forward to seeing a full, rocking Camden Yards the next two days and see just how far these kids can go. I'm not expecting a W S Title but hey, I didn't in "66 either. I do think this is just the beginning of a great ride for many Oriole fans not as lucky to have the memories we have. And, I'm realy proud of this group and proud to be an Oriole Fan. It's been a long week!

• Upvote 1

I will be momentarily deflated if we lose at any stage of the playoffs.   But it’s been a fantastic season, and nothing that happens in the postseason will detract what this team did over a 162-game marathon in a super-strong division.  I’ll be thrilled with how 2023 went no matter what happens from here. 

• Upvote 1

I hear you, but this isn't some team that snuck into the wildcard.  This team was the best team in the American League in the toughest division.   This team was consistent and steady throughout the entire season.  No long losing streaks.  Didn't get swept the entire season.   They are good.

I expect the O's to work the count , get the Ranger 's starters to throw a lot of pitches, get to that bullpen, and win late.   

Sure, it's been a great year, and the Rangers are good; but the O's have been the best team in the AL.   I expect to win this series.   Having Bradish and Rodriguez setup and ready for games 1 and 2 is huge. 

• Upvote 2

I'll be disappointed if they dont make the WS. This team is legit and you got to take advantage of opportunities when you get them. 

You never know.. Injuries could prevent the team from winning 90+next year and the year after. Hope not but strange things can happen.

• Upvote 1

I mostly feel the same. Though I do think this year's playoff field in the AL is more open than usual and that presents an opportunity. 

There's not a healthy Rays pitching staff to face. There's no Judge & Cole led Yankees team to face. The Astros aren't at their best.

There could be future seasons with better division-winning Orioles teams, but a tougher path to the World Series.

This is my attitude as well. Win or lose they have accomplished a lot and the organization is in a great place to keep moving forward. We are rightly considered the favorites against Texas but they are a good team and I can't be mad at our guys if we lose.

The only scenario I might be upset at the club is if the bullpen blows up in a decisive game, because the whole board called for a high leverage guy at the deadline and we got Fuji. If that turns out to be the difference it will be upsetting. Otherwise, whatever happens, happens, time to let the baseball gods decide.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

Sure,I want to see these guys go the World Series...but I think it's going to be a tall task. We haven't hit well lately, and though its a "different season", I dont think we match up with the  Rangers. That said I couldn't be prouder or more satisfied with this season ...we figure to be better next year with a heathy(lets hope) Means, and a surplus of decent starting pitching.plus Holliday, maybe Ortiz and Norby and Mayo.....Im not going to mope or whine if we dont win this series, but I DO think the first two games COULD benefit us with Bradish and Grayson...but the way this team was hitting for the last couple of weeks, we will need to score a bunch of runs and not give up home runs...Im not sure either is a given for this team...right now. I think the Rangers win the series 3-1...I hope im wrong, believe me...

Since when do we not match up with the Rangers?

• Upvote 1

I understand the sentiments expressed, and if we lose to Atlanta or LA in the World Series, or to Houston in the ALCS... I don't think that will bother me that much.

An ALDS early exit on the other hand, after what we have accomplished, would still be a big disappointment.

Not that I won't consider the season a success as a whole.

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

Sure,I want to see these guys go the World Series...but I think it's going to be a tall task. We haven't hit well lately, and though its a "different season", I dont think we match up with the  Rangers. That said I couldn't be prouder or more satisfied with this season ...we figure to be better next year with a heathy(lets hope) Means, and a surplus of decent starting pitching.plus Holliday, maybe Ortiz and Norby and Mayo.....Im not going to mope or whine if we dont win this series, but I DO think the first two games COULD benefit us with Bradish and Grayson...but the way this team was hitting for the last couple of weeks, we will need to score a bunch of runs and not give up home runs...Im not sure either is a given for this team...right now. I think the Rangers win the series 3-1...I hope im wrong, believe me...

Roy is really working the reverse jinx!😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4Oriolesworldseries said:

I agree totally, Too Tall. Good words. But, not about the, "maybe it's the age," part. Age is not a factor in skepticism. You can either see the glass half full or half empty. I choose the glass half full and wearing my rose-colored glasses. It will be good.

Age is a factor in this way: some of us are old enough to have seen the Orioles win 1, 2 or 3 World Series.  Some of us aren’t.  I can certainly see that a longtime fan who has never seen their team win it all might be more frustrated with a loss than those who have already been to the promised land, even if it has been 40 years of wandering in the desert since then. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Since when do we not match up with the Rangers?

we were 3-3 for the season...but the Rangers mash....and we haven't in weeks...we will need to score a slew of runs...I just dont see it happening...but I would love to be wrong..

15 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Roy is really working the reverse jinx!😁

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1