The Brewers as Trade Partners

Jim'sKid26

16 hours ago, deward said:

No one is giving up the #1 prospect in baseball for one year of any SP and any reliever.  Edit: Sorry, two years I guess. Still wouldn't make sense.

I agree. I do not trade Holliday, nor would I part with Kjerstad, Basallo or Mayo.

However, would a package like say: Cowser, Norby, Wagner, Haskin, and a lower level prospect like Juan Nunez work? For one year of Burnes and two of Williams, Is that too much?

Edited by Jammer7

I've slept on it and if the Brewers are indeed cleaning house and willing to trade Freddy Peralta I'd be willing to headline a trade package with anyone on our team not named Rutschman, Henderson, Holiday, Rodriguez, Bradish or Mayo. Cowser and Ortiz would be my initial offer for him, but I'd be willing to go higher. Peralta would be an incredible get and worth it. 

48 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

I've slept on it and if the Brewers are indeed cleaning house and willing to trade Freddy Peralta I'd be willing to headline a trade package with anyone on our team not named Rutschman, Henderson, Holiday, Rodriguez, Bradish or Mayo. Cowser and Ortiz would be my initial offer for him, but I'd be willing to go higher. Peralta would be an incredible get and worth it. 

If they want to the most economical route he makes sense.  With two team options you can keep him for 3 years at between 22-24M.  If he sucks or hurts his arm you can get out of it.   Great contract.   Now, let’s make it tough.    If they give a take it or leave it, do you give up Basallo, Ortiz, Baumann, and Povich?

Someone (SG?) might mention taking the Yelich contract back to maybe lessen the load as the Brewers would probably love to dump it while they still can.

1 hour ago, HakunaSakata said:

I looked at his bbref page. I see that there are options for 2025 & 2026 at $8 million per. I’d be willing to trade more if the options don’t go away. Looking at his number from this year is 1 run higher. But his WHIP is pretty close. I’d be willing to offer Mayo and a couple others that are outside the top 10.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

I looked at his bbref page. I see that there are options for 2025 & 2026 at $8 million per. I’d be willing to trade more if the options don’t go away. Looking at his number from this year is 1 run higher. But his WHIP is pretty close. I’d be willing to offer Mayo and a couple others that are outside the top 10.

I watched quite a few of his starts last season (had him on one of my fantasy teams) and he really flipped a swtich and came into his own in the second half. He had a 2.81 ERA post all-star break and 103 Ks in 73.2 innings. I honestly think I'd take Peralta over any of the FA SPs. Even over Snell, because he doesn't have the walk concerns that Snell does. I think his ceiling is a low 3's ERA guy with the potential to lead the AL in Ks. 

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

If they want to the most economical route he makes sense.  With two team options you can keep him for 3 years at between 22-24M.  If he sucks or hurts his arm you can get out of it.   Great contract.   Now, let’s make it tough.    If they give a take it or leave it, do you give up Basallo, Ortiz, Baumann, and Povich?

If they included Payamps I probably would. Peralta would be a tremendous get. He's still relatively young and his post all-star game numbers give you an idea of how good he can be. If he can carry over those gains into 2024 he's going to be a Cy Young contender. 

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I can't see Brewers trading away a starter now that Woodruff is done for the season and the Brewers made the playoffs this year.   It seems like they would look to add a cheap starter or two. 

What if we include a starter, like Wells, or even Kremer?

6 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I can't see Brewers trading away a starter now that Woodruff is done for the season and the Brewers made the playoffs this year.   It seems like they would look to add a cheap starter or two. 

Agree, but the the last few news notes about the Brewers suggest that they might be cleaning house / rebuilding in which case that won't matter. 

3 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

What if we include a starter, like Wells, or even Kremer?

If the Brewers are trading a pitcher then they're going to want prospects in return, now mid-tier / older SPs. 

33 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Agree, but the the last few news notes about the Brewers suggest that they might be cleaning house / rebuilding in which case that won't matter. 

If the Brewers are trading a pitcher then they're going to want prospects in return, now mid-tier / older SPs. 

I agree, somewhat. They’ll need innings covered as well if they are without Woodruff and plan on trading Burnes. A cost-controlled #3 starter for three years, along with a few prospects I mentioned in an earlier post, was what I was thinking. Pitchers are also different. Pitching prospects usually take a few years to fully adjust. And besides, Milwaukee is not doing a complete rebuild or anything. They have quite a bit of young talent, with much at the higher levels or debuted last year.

I don’t know, maybe I am way off here. I just think there is some logic there for both sides. 

Reading the trade proposals this off-season is a bit surprising. People are dying to trade Cowser. It’s odd that so many people have been overly influenced by his first 77 PAs. He hit into bad luck and still had a 16% BB rate. I get that his K rate is high, but he’s got great athleticism, high walk rate, and developing power. I’m not moving him yet. Especially at such a discounted price

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Reading the trade proposals this off-season is a bit surprising. People are dying to trade Cowser. It’s odd that so many people have been overly influenced by his first 77 PAs. He hit into bad luck and still had a 16% BB rate. I get that his K rate is high, but he’s got great athleticism, high walk rate, and developing power. I’m not moving him yet. Especially at such a discounted price

I think that some of it is just the small sample size but the defense he displayed is also a part.