Who are the 2023 Orioles #7 and #8 prospects?

Tony-OH

Who are the 2023 Orioles #7 and #8 prospects?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the 2023 Orioles #7 and #8 prospects?

• Dylan Beavers and Colton Cowser
    • Dylan Beavers and Connor Norby
    • Enrique Bradfield and Dylan Beavers
    • Enrique Bradfield and Cade Povich
    • Colton Cowser and Enrique Bradfield

This poll is closed to new votes

35 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t either but if Beavers is 7 or 8 and Cowser is 6, it’s not like they are terribly far apart. 

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  Guys can be right next to each other on the list but a clear tier apart.  Last year Holliday was 3 and Hall was 4 but I wouldn’t say it was close between the two.  That said, last year Tony had Cowser 8 and Beavers 12, but both with 50 future grades, so I agree Tony probably doesn’t see them as far apart.   

I'm with the majority on this one. Beavers (ascending) and Bradfield (toolsy #1 pick). I too am nervous about the ISO for Bradfield, but the floor is decent and the hit tool is actually really good, just not powerful.

Could Beavers jump Cowser? While I personally think that Beavers will overtake him in Baltimore some day, I just don't think that he's achieved that status yet. Cowser's still a good prospect, but also with the flaw of whether he can catch up to velo. 

And if the board's right, Norby/Povich are outside of the top 10. That's just amazing in a good way. I know they have warts, but they're still two really good prospects who will likely spend multiple years on ML rosters, perhaps excelling. 

39 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I'm with the majority on this one. Beavers (ascending) and Bradfield (toolsy #1 pick). I too am nervous about the ISO for Bradfield, but the floor is decent and the hit tool is actually really good, just not powerful.

Could Beavers jump Cowser? While I personally think that Beavers will overtake him in Baltimore some day, I just don't think that he's achieved that status yet. Cowser's still a good prospect, but also with the flaw of whether he can catch up to velo. 

And if the board's right, Norby/Povich are outside of the top 10. That's just amazing in a good way. I know they have warts, but they're still two really good prospects who will likely spend multiple years on ML rosters, perhaps excelling. 

I personally think Norby should be ahead of Horvath. The age difference is only a year and Norby has accomplished way more. 

I also think, as I said, many of these guys are interchangeable. 

29 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I personally think Norby should be ahead of Horvath. The age difference is only a year and Norby has accomplished way more. 

I also think, as I said, many of these guys are interchangeable. 

I certainly agree many are interchangeable on this list. There's really good depth. 

Like I said, I'd actually prefer an international guy or two at 10, most notably (for me) DeLeon. I can't wait for Tony's write-up about him. I assume it'll be conservative. I could definitely be over my skis on him.

2 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I certainly agree many are interchangeable on this list. There's really good depth. 

Like I said, I'd actually prefer an international guy or two at 10, most notably (for me) DeLeon. I can't wait for Tony's write-up about him. I assume it'll be conservative. I could definitely be over my skis on him.

I have no issue with him being a top 10 guy. 

I would have him just outside the top 10 myself but he is my pick for biggest riser this year.

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I have no issue with him being a top 10 guy. 

I would have him just outside the top 10 myself but he is my pick for biggest riser this year.

Horvath? I can't disagree. I'd probably pick the int'l guys to rise a bunch too though, especially with many likely graduations this year. That's true for all of them though.