Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

30 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, that’s what they definitely wanted from Cinci and reportedly from LA. Doesn’t mean that’s what they want from us.

Why involve a 3rd team if we have enough of what they want? They also wanted pitching from the Braves who backed out. 

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

Why involve a 3rd team if we have enough of what they want? They also wanted pitching from the Braves who backed out. 

In the Mariners scenario, we only do that because we want a more cost controlled pitcher as opposed to a guy who you have for 2 years at bigger money.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

In the Mariners scenario, we only do that because we want a more cost controlled pitcher as opposed to a guy who you have for 2 years at bigger money.

I get it, but why do the Mariners do that? They can't want to trade one of their talented young kids for 2 years of Cease when their league minimum pitchers are probably going to be around the same WAR.

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

I get it, but why do the Mariners do that? They can't want to trade one of their talented young kids for 2 years of Cease when their league minimum pitchers are probably going to be around the same WAR.

And when they are cutting payroll.

23 minutes ago, Malike said:

Because neither of those kids are sure things and they want more of a sure thing.

But I don’t buy the rumor overall.

25 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Because neither of those kids are sure things and they want more of a sure thing.

But I don’t buy the rumor overall.

Is it even a rumor?  Or just speculation by Morosi about what could happen?

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Is it even a rumor?  Or just speculation by Morosi about what could happen?

True..this is actually speculation from some sort of a fan account but one with a lot of followers.

But yes, calling this a rumor is a bad choice of words for sure.

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

From an MLBTR chat today;

Up in the air

Who says no? Westburg, Stowers, Pham, and Wagner for Cease or

Mark P

That's a pretty good offer, even if the White Sox are reportedly/seemingly looking to add pitching.  They'd probably want a higher-tier pitching prospect than Pham.

https://live.jotcast.com/chat/mlbtr-live-chat-17333.html

lol…I saw you posted that on their board.  You will be able to feel the tears.

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Up in the air

Mark P

That's a pretty good offer, even if the White Sox are reportedly/seemingly looking to add pitching.  They'd probably want a higher-tier pitching prospect than Pham.

Who is Pham?

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Up in the air

Mark P

Substitute Ortiz for Westburg and I’d probably do that deal. Presuming the O’s feel they can get better use out of that FB/SL combo. 

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Who is Pham?

Alex Pham. AA pitcher who was probably runner up for our MiL pitcher of the year, but is not a high end prospect despite good numbers in both A+ and AA this year.