Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

17 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Any chance the O's would include Adam Frazier in a deal, or is he off limits like the catcher and infielder? 2B has been a black hole for the White Sox for years. 

The White Sox could just sign him... he's a free agent.

Chicago White Sox man thinks we're having a worse off-season than the Sox are. Could well be true so far, but we could literally do nothing and we're still very likely to go to the playoffs. I don't think they understand how much talent this team has, and while we'd all like to add to it, they act like we're going to win 60 games if we don't give them the ransom for Cease. It's hilarious and sad at the same time. 

We've been in their position, where incompetence at every level and almost no talent outside of two players on the MLB team is what you have to look forward to, so I get their frustrations, but man, they are pretty dense over there.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

The White Sox could just sign him... he's a free agent.

He (Did I get your pronouns right? We don't have those here, sorry) is from the Sox board, he knows Frazier isn't here and is just trolling. 

I'm waiting for him(?) to start saying that we've been offering Ortiz as a headliner, they got stuck on that for like 40 pages over there because, smart and stuff, despite everyone saying Ortiz would be a piece, not the headliner.  Like I said, dense.

45 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Any chance the O's would include Adam Frazier in a deal, or is he off limits like the catcher and infielder? 2B has been a black hole for the White Sox for years. 

He was really good last year.  He was all the board talked about.  Since we have "warning track" Westburg, I could see him being the 2nd piece in a trade. 

5 hours ago, Malike said:

Chicago White Sox man thinks we're having a worse off-season than the Sox are. Could well be true so far, but we could literally do nothing and we're still very likely to go to the playoffs. I don't think they understand how much talent this team has, and while we'd all like to add to it, they act like we're going to win 60 games if we don't give them the ransom for Cease. It's hilarious and sad at the same time. 

We've been in their position, where incompetence at every level and almost no talent outside of two players on the MLB team is what you have to look forward to, so I get their frustrations, but man, they are pretty dense over there.

Honestly, they are at this with blinders on. I guess that’s what they to cling to since their franchise sucks right now. Cashing in on Cease and Robert are their best shot at avoiding another long and painful rebuild. I put together a trade pages ago about a 3 way that sent a selection veterans to the Padres who are rumored to be seeking offense. Prying a way a couple of their near ready pitchers prospects that we don’t have right now in a deal for Cease and Robert. I don’t want to be wrong about what I said but, they were getting Cowser and I believe Ortiz plus 3 other and 2 pitchers from the Padres. The prospect were all highly rated. One of the posters was still crying about getting their player without Holiday, Mayo, Basallo, Kjerstad. A few guys here thought it was unrealistic but I was just spitballing a way to get the near ready SPs that they were looking for in a deal. 

Edited by Roll Tide

6 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Honestly, they are at this with blinders on. I guess that’s what they to cling to since their franchise sucks right now. Cashing in on Cease and Robert are their best shot at avoiding another long and painful rebuild. I put together a trade pages ago about a 3 way that sent a selection veterans to the Padres who are rumored to be seeking offense. Prying a way a couple of their near ready pitchers prospects that we don’t have right now in a deal for Cease and Robert. I don’t want to be wrong about what I said but, they were getting Cowser and I believe Ortiz plus 3 other and 2 pitchers from the Padres. The prospect were all highly rated. One of the posters was still crying about getting their player without Holiday, Mayo, Basallo, Kjerstad. A few guys here thought it was unrealistic but I was just spitballing a way to get the near ready SPs that they were looking for in a deal. 

They think they’re getting twice the return for Cease as we did for Machado. Yes, Machado was a rental, but he was a better player. 

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

greg775

Members

Posted 7 hours ago

13 hours ago,  ron883 said: 

Give em hell @greg775

Not me. I ain't posting on the Oriole board. I'm a Chicago guy very very sad about what's happened to the Sox.

Greg, you’re either the dumbest baseball fan ever or someone pretending to be the dumbest baseball fan ever.  Whichever it is, goodbye!

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

Greg, you seem like a knowledgeable baseball guy so we’re not gonna try and sneak anything by you. We do really want to get this Cease thing done. But we need to get it done before we spend that 8 million elsewhere. So…

We’re gonna send you Adam Frazier to fill that black hole at 2b. And if you act now, we will let you keep Sports Guy. The upgrade for you should be crystal clear.  Fills two critical needs for your organization. 2nd base and a running dialogue of all the easy things your organization could easily be doing to put a competitive major league team on the field. 

Edited by foxfield
  • Haha 4