Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

This is from SI very recently.

“We're definitely prepare to [trade prospects]. We've had a lot of conversations dating back to the Trade Deadline where we've made some of our more famous prospects available," Elias said.

I think what I would stress is just because we have this wonderful farm system and we theoretically would have the ability to match or top peoples' trade offers, we also have to worry about the balance of the trade itself, not just who we're outbidding. A lot of our players are top prospects ... You don't just throw those guys into trades and write it off. Those are players that are going to be helping not only soon, but helping for a long time," he said.

Right, and Roch is repeating that line for his MASN audience.

That way if something doesn't get done it's on the other teams for being unreasonable.  (which may in fact even be the case!)

Someone pegged it before, this does remind me when we were trading Tejeda and wondering why the Dodgers just wouldn’t include Kershaw, and Kemp… or why the Reds wouldn’t include one of Votto, Hamilton, or Cueto. I also think that are 6-30 is a lot better than the spare parts we ended up getting from. The Astros for Tejeda.

Just because we have a loaded system, doesn’t mean we have to trade those top 5 guys away. 

Ortiz, Norby, Povich, McDermott/Johnson, is a tough package to offer and better overall than that rumored Reds package. 

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Someone pegged it before, this does remind me when we were trading Tejeda and wondering why the Dodgers just wouldn’t include Kershaw, and Kemp… or why the Reds wouldn’t include one of Votto, Hamilton, or Cueto. I also think that are 6-30 is a lot better than the spare parts we ended up getting from. The Astros for Tejeda.

Just because we have a loaded system, doesn’t mean we have to trade those top 5 guys away. 

Ortiz, Norby, Povich, McDermott/Johnson, is a tough package to offer and better overall than that rumored Reds package. 

They don't have to.

But they shouldn't all be off the table either.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They don't have to.

But they shouldn't all be off the table either.

And you don’t know that they are. The article even clearly stated that it may just be the case for that executives team.  And we don’t know that it’s true to begin with.

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Thats just Roch being sloppy and lazy IMO. 

Lol yeah, this is pretty likely instead of an Orioles media guy pulling Roch aside in a dimly lit Nashville garage and whispering, "we need you to state that we're not going to sell these players in a rummage sale to manipulate the fanbase".

I'm surprised that Cowser isn't available (apparently), but I understand that the organization probably likes him a lot more than I do. I definitely already expected Kjerstad, Mayo, and Basallo to be on the no-trade list along with Holliday. Cowser is just a bit lower tier for me since, as an outfielder, he lacks the power you want from a COF and the defense you want from a CF. Kjerstad at least has the loud power tool. 

Anyway. 

I'm fairly confident we make a trade, but I'm also fairly confident it's not the one(s) we want. 

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That way if something doesn't get done it's on the other teams for being unreasonable.  (which may in fact even be the case!)

True, he is repeating the lines...but he is literally repeating quotes from other reporters questions.  Either way, he isn't putting out info for the team.  He is simply repeating what we already know to be the company line.

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think if Elias can’t pull off a trade it’s going to look like he failed this off season no matter how Roch spins it UNLESS they totally fool us by signing someone like Stroman.   This is the 2nd year in a row he stared he wanted a #1 - #3 starter.  No excuses this year.   Having said that, I’m not going to call for his head or anything.  If he’s unwilling to trade Cowser and Kjerstad they better turn out to be good players.

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'm surprised that Cowser isn't available (apparently), but I understand that the organization probably likes him a lot more than I do. I definitely already expected Kjerstad, Mayo, and Basallo to be on the no-trade list along with Holliday. Cowser is just a bit lower tier for me since, as an outfielder, he lacks the power you want from a COF and the defense you want from a CF. Kjerstad at least has the loud power tool. 

Anyway. 

I'm fairly confident we make a trade, but I'm also fairly confident it's not the one(s) we want. 

What makes you say Cowser lacks power?   That’s not correct.  Just look up his AA and AAA numbers.  It’s easy.

5 minutes ago, foxfield said:

True, he is repeating the lines...but he is literally repeating quotes from other reporters questions.  Either way, he isn't putting out info for the team.  He is simply repeating what we already know to be the company line.

Roch.

image.gif.27a6eb2086c02c44b884b582df44a1ba.gif