Griffey going back to Mariners

Vertigo

http://www.thenewstribune.com/topstory/story/631187.html

Ken Griffey Jr., an iconic figure in the sports history of the Northwest, is coming home. Drafted by the Seattle Mariners as an 17-year-old out of high school, Griffey signed a one-year contract Wednesday that brings him back as a 39-year-old destined for the Hall of Fame.

Wow, I thought Junior to the Braves was a done deal.

Will this be Griffey's farewell tour?

Seems like a good reason to see an O's-Mariners game this year. Griffey was such a joy to watch growing up in the 90's. It really is a shame that he didn't get as close to Aaron's record because of injuries. Hard to believe he turns 40 this year.

Yeah, definitely see myself making a trip to OPACY June 9-11.

I haven't been to a game in a few years. My excitement for the team has been rejuvenated over the last couple of seasons.

I can't wait to see Markakis, Jones, Wieters and the rest of the kids on the field this year and was trying to decide on a date to go to the game.

Getting to see a game with the kids vs. "The Kid" though made my decision much easier.

Yeah, definitely see myself making a trip to OPACY June 9-11.

I haven't been to a game in a few years. My excitement for the team has been rejuvenated over the last couple of seasons.

I can't wait to see Markakis, Jones, Wieters and the rest of the kids on the field this year and was trying to decide on a date to go to the game.

Getting to see a game with the kids vs. "The Kid" though made my decision much easier.

I hadn't seen the schedule yet but that would work for me as well. I'll be done with classes for the semester and it will be before I do my study abroad. Yeah it will be great to see those guys many of whom are around my age and grew up in the 90's watching Griffey. The vivid memory I have is and it's not a specific one is him just wearing his hat backwards at all those Home Run Derbys and just having a nice time.

Awesome, can't wait to go back and see Griffey.

I really hope he has an injury free season and his return to Seattle signals a bit of a rejuvination.

Yeah, he's 39 but I don't think 30 homers would be hard for him if he stays healthy this year and gets a good amount of playing time.

He won't be the dynamic guy he was in the 90s...but it'd be great to see him have a good season.

The game needs Griffey Jr right now.

Awesome, can't wait to go back and see Griffey.

I really hope he has an injury free season and his return to Seattle signals a bit of a rejuvination.

Yeah, he's 39 but I don't think 30 homers would be hard for him if he stays healthy this year and gets a good amount of playing time.

He won't be the dynamic guy he was in the 90s...but it'd be great to see him have a good season.

The game needs Griffey Jr right now.

And the warehouse has another reason to quiver.......

Archived