Ohtani to the Blue Jays? (Update: Signs w/Dodgers for $700 million over 10 yrs)

Rustbelt

Just now, LookinUp said:

We serially underestimate what a financial giant the Blue Jays are. There are 3 such giants in this division. Not two. With the Yankees obviously being mega giants. lol

I hate that that got Soto more than I hate that the Blue Jays might get Ohtani, to be honest.

It's only one year for Soto.

Probably going to be a decade of Ohtani.

With the talk of the potential sale of the O's, how would that affect their ability to go after a guy like Ohtani?    Would that hurt or help in the sale of the team?   I would have to think that having Ohtani would put some serious butts in the seats and garner a lot of national attention.  

I hate this. But. Positives:

-Orioles remain under-the-radar as everyone falls over themselves to applaud Toronto for the next decade.

-Jays will be pretty hamstrung financially for a long time. 

-It's doubtful he ever pitches like an ace again. 

-Vladdy still mostly sucks.

-Gunnar is better than Bichette.

-We own Kikuchi and Gausman. 

As for Ohtani himself, he'll enjoy living in a not-insane country to be sure, but he'll never see a World Series as one of the best players the game has ever seen. That's pretty sad if you ask me. He (and MLB fans) deserves the annual playoff appearance that the Dodgers would have afforded him. Instead, he hitched his wagon to the most always-a-bridesmaid-ass organization in the sport. 

Edited by interloper

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Why?  Toronto is a world class city.  I saw Barkley last night say that it’s is favorite NBA city to go to. 

Because they are going to have to uproot their families and move to another country.

That's way different than Barkley, who is probably unduly swayed by the presence of poutine.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Because they are going to have to uproot their families and move to another country.

That's way different than Barkley, who is probably unduly swayed by the presence of poutine.

I had to google what poutine was.  My first thought was very different.

• Haha 1