Naming rights to stadium to be announced today?

SemperFi

17 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

I don't think so, in a past life I have done numerous sponsorships with multiple teams and the first payment was always upon execution of the contract.  

17 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

I don't think so, in a past life I have done numerous sponsorships with multiple teams and the first payment was always upon execution of the contract.  

Sounds like they backed out and are owed a refund…so hopefully 

11 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Hint… in top RH corner of the post. Click …        Next press edit post. Then once in edit mode press … again and select delete. 

Thanks, but unfortunately I don't have an Edit option. Only options are Report and Share. Maybe it's because I'm a "limited posting member"?

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Hope it’s not FanDuel, BetMGM or DraftKings. I know sports gambling is here to stay, but it’s already pushed enough. 

Probably my #1 Simpsons episode of all time. 

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I GIVE YOU BRITTANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Could be. Although I couldn't care less about the "Oriole Park" portion of the name, personally. If we can still legitimately call it Camden Yards, so be it. Nobody calls it Oriole Park anyway. Maybe Rubenstein would actually use the money instead of just pocket it. 

Agreed but doesn’t “Camden Yards” also include the Ravens and other facilities? Doesn’t mean that can’t change I suppose

32 minutes ago, byrdz said:

Agreed but doesn’t “Camden Yards” also include the Ravens and other facilities? Doesn’t mean that can’t change I suppose

No, I don't think so.   Never heard Camden Yards used to refer to anything south of the southern end of the warehouse.

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

No, I don't think so.   Never heard Camden Yards used to refer to anything south of the southern end of the warehouse.

httpshttps://

x.com/HelmetAddict/status/1751694233776357496?s=20://x.com/HelmetAddict/status/17516942376357496?s=20

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LTO's said:

I've heard that the company is T-Rowe but I don't know where things stand now. I also heard that this is just for the stadium naming and nothing will be added to the jerseys. 

Good, screw them.  Seriously.  Don't need your patches, don't need you thinking that anyone is going to want to do business with you because you put your name on Camden Yards or for some dumb patch on a uniform.

Go sponsor a NASCAR driver you hacks.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Big Mac said:

The article said that the naming rights were initially supposed to be announced today, but that the corporate sponsor was essentially blindsided by the sale so no announcement today.

The WSJ was relatively critical of Angelos here.  A few snippets below.

The company that thought it was about to plaster its name around Camden Yards didn’t know anything about a possible sale until learning about it in the initial news reports. 

John Angelos acknowledges he can be capricious, prone to whims and changes-of-heart that make him unlike the careful corporate figures found in most owners’ boxes. He negotiated on and off with Rubenstein for three years, frequently leaving people around him wondering where things stood and what his true intentions were. He played down the intensity of his flirtation with Rubenstein to the end, to the point that many inside MLB didn’t know the sale was finally going forward until about a week before it was finalized.

Yet the most surprising thing about John Angelos’s tenure as the head of the Orioles might just have been his lack of sentimentality. He can conjure up affection for Brooks Robinson like any good Baltimorean, but he made a deliberate effort not to wear Orioles merchandise or even the color orange. 

Angelos’s dispassion for his own ball club stands in contrast to that of Rubenstein, who described himself in a statement as being an Orioles fan for his “entire life.” 

Good riddance to that twit.