Kyle Bradish Has Sprained UCL, Will Start Season On IL (4/9 Update: Assigned rehab assignment w/Aberdeen)

DrinkinWithFermi

14 minutes ago, brooooksy said:

Lmao at all of this. He won the cy young with spider tack to prove a point? He pushed teammates (he was called out by Gerrit Cole in college for having zero work ethic)? Bauer is a textbook dumb guy’s idea of a smart person. 

You have no idea what you are talking about. 

3 minutes ago, MDS29 said:

And Curt Schilling, good lord his brain has melted. But yes, I would imagine in most industries where merit and competition are valued, the participants will skew politically towards the right on average, it sort of selects for it.

A lot of these foreign players come from places with less than ideal politics, always an emotionally satisfying moment when you see guys like Melvin Mora become naturalized citizens and how much it means to them.

I wouldn’t read that much into it, lol. The NBA is the exact inverse of MLB politically and is far more difficult to make on an individual level.

12 minutes ago, brooooksy said:

Lmao at all of this. He won the cy young with spider tack to prove a point? He pushed teammates (he was called out by Gerrit Cole in college for having zero work ethic)? Bauer is a textbook dumb guy’s idea of a smart person. 

Throughout my life I've found that the people who feel the need to posture/tell you that they're smart generally are not in fact smart.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

There is absolutely zero risk for any player if they are signed to a league minimum deal.

You can find any reason you want for Bauer to not sign him but for the league minimum, the risk is fine.

Again, I’m not saying to sign him or not sign him. Just saying that I keep seeing this thought about how risky he is but that’s just not true. 

The risk is disruption.   Elias has built a team with everyone pulling in the same direction focused on winning today's game.   The Bauer circus does not fit with the O's.

3 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Throughout my life I've found that the people who feel the need to posture/tell you that they're smart generally are not in fact smart.

Exactly - and if he were smart, he’d take the Ray Rice route and do an apology tour, make amends, and not continue digging a hole with his mouth and on YouTube. Rice is working his way back to the ravens ring of honor in spite of a lot of fans’ protests, while Bauer is talking his way out of the rest of his career.

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

If the players on the team are cool with it, I don’t care. 

All the things I was "cool with" in my early 20s I am most certainly not cool with now. The decision to sign a controversial player should be made an adult (i.e., Elias) not by the clubhouse. 

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

All the things I was "cool with" in my early 20s I am most certainly not cool with now. The decision to sign a controversial player should be made an adult (i.e., Elias) not by the clubhouse. 

Well you should call Elias and let him know that you think that your personal beliefs should be his guideline.

3 minutes ago, brooooksy said:

I wouldn’t read that much into it, lol. The NBA is the exact inverse of MLB politically and is far more difficult to make on an individual level.

Eh, this I disagree with. Based off testimonials from multi-sport athletes (Prime comes to mind) hitting the baseball is the hardest thing to do in professional sports. Players who succeed 25% of the time get rewarded with millions of dollars. Even great pitchers get taken deep on a weekly basis.

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Maybe the sky isn’t falling?  Remember we had Bautista throw and it was clear he was done. So Bradish throwing is some positive. 

Well just like Bautista, if you push things off for a month or so, it doesn’t really change much.  So, you let Bradish go until closer to OD and you should have an idea by then.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Bradish should say that, he should feel that way.  But I'm not buying it.

Agree. Hope for the best; assume the worst. Hard not to be cynical with baseball injuries like this, the human body is just not meant to pitch.

2 minutes ago, MDS29 said:

Eh, this I disagree with. Based off testimonials from multi-sport athletes (Prime comes to mind) hitting the baseball is the hardest thing to do in professional sports. Players who succeed 25% of the time get rewarded with millions of dollars. Even great pitchers get taken deep on a weekly basis.

Statistically you’re much less likely to be able to make the NBA as MLB, simple as that. There’s 330 more active MLB players, and most on the roster get used, plus rosters are constantly shuffled throughout the season. NBA teams usually have at least 3-5 guys that never see the court.

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Bradish should say that, he should feel that way.  But I'm not buying it.

Also, agreed. But the fact that he wasn’t completely shut down after throwing is still some sort of positive. When Bautista threw in September, they immediately shut him down.