Bauer interested in O's

Bigbie03

32 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

No, if we bring him in (which I am not in favor of) it should be with the understanding that this is Gunnar's team, Bauer is a role player and should keep his mouth shut, period. I don't want his kind of leadership. 

Not to diminish Gunnar in any way but I think the consensus is that it is Adley's team.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Malike said:

That would be nice but in NYS for example, nothing would happen. You'd waste a couple of hours doing paperwork instead of doing Police work and nothing would come of it eventually. The bigger issue, and one that needs some attention is there are around 2 million OOP's (Restraining Orders) issued for false claims in the US every year.

I have no real dog in the Bauer fight, I just find it hilarious that every single person replying about how deranged he is just happens to be a pillar of morality. No skeletons in anyone else's closets, I'm 100% certain! 

@elextrano8 I think it's weird, that you find it weird that the Police are actually interested in investigating the facts and not just tossing people in jail because someone said something.

If only everyone were as pure and virtuous as the OH faithful, the world would be a much better place.

Girl: Trevor Bauer beat me up last night during sex. 

Also Girl: Takes a selfie video with absolutely no evidence of said beating whilst she smiles and mugs the camera the morning after the allegation.

Thanks for this.  Where does the 2mm figure come from.  I would like to read more. 

6 minutes ago, Since1984 said:

I was originally going to say give him a ST invite, but started to see some videos that I do not want to see as a fan of the Orioles:

https://youtu.be/5eJRHx7FJ8g?si=Da-Rq6ZkRgw0rzbI

Last year pitching in Japan.

To be fair, there were previous errors in the game and he sets a high standard, but the guy is intense to the point that there are no take backs. So pass for me, without researching all the issues.

45 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

No, if we bring him in (which I am not in favor of) it should be with the understanding that this is Gunnar's team, Bauer is a role player and should keep his mouth shut, period. I don't want his kind of leadership. 

I think I was clear that we didn't want the old version of Bauer, and was only offering up my suggestion if he was a different guy.

And to say something like "this is Gunnar's team" is ridiculous.   As soon as you say something like that.....if you believe it....you've lost the entire concept of the word team.  That, my friend, is where heads get big and troubles begin.

17 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Thanks for this.  Where does the 2mm figure come from.  I would like to read more. 

It was from a training I was at. When I am back to work next week I can see if I can post the actual study. They also found that almost 3/4 of restraining orders issued were either trivial or false. It's a problem and not just for men, but for everyone.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Since1984 said:

I was originally going to say give him a ST invite, but started to see some videos that I do not want to see as a fan of the Orioles:

https://youtu.be/5eJRHx7FJ8g?si=Da-Rq6ZkRgw0rzbI

Last year pitching in Japan.

Wow, I agree.  We don't need that.  I'm not sure he can be a different leader. after seeing that.

13 minutes ago, Malike said:

It was from a training I was at. When I am back to work next week I can see if I can post the actual study. They also found that almost 3/4 of restraining orders issued were either trivial or false. It's a problem and not just for men, but for everyone.

That is a ridiculous level of a problem.  Definitely interested in learning more. 

Debate aside, there are 30 major league baseball teams and most can always use pitching. So far, the subject of this thread remains unsigned. Must be a reason, fair or not, cause he isn't represented by Boras (assumption cause I don't know if Rachael Luba is still his agent or who is) and his price can't be too high - seems like he'd take minimum for a prove it year. So, Bauer may be interested in the Orioles, but I don't see a reciprocal interest from the Orioles or any other team for that matter. I'm sure not all baseball players at the major league level are saints and I'm not going to judge whether Bauer remains unsigned because of reputation (fair or not) or diminished skills. I just find it telling that a pitcher that was once pretty dominant, can't even get a major league minimum salary contract. 

25 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

I think I was clear that we didn't want the old version of Bauer, and was only offering up my suggestion if he was a different guy.

And to say something like "this is Gunnar's team" is ridiculous.   As soon as you say something like that.....if you believe it....you've lost the entire concept of the word team.  That, my friend, is where heads get big and troubles begin.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. Gunnar is absolutely our leader and will be for a long time. Of course he is also a team player and we have great team chemistry.

I have zero faith in Bauer to become a different person than he has been throughout his career, including when given a second chance in Japan. Watch the video where he shows up his teammates. He did that knowing his career is hanging by a thread. 

Wherever the dude goes people dislike him.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/jan/17/trevor-bauer-japan-ridge-alkonis-tweet

Former major league pitcher Trevor Bauer came under criticism in Japan on Wednesday after he appeared to express support on social media for a US Navy officer who had been jailed over a car crash that killed two Japanese citizens.

"The police didn't charge him" is a low bar for a person.

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I think you misunderstood what I meant. Gunnar is absolutely our leader and will be for a long time. Of course he is also a team player and we have great team chemistry.

I have zero faith in Bauer to become a different person than he has been throughout his career, including when given a second chance in Japan. Watch the video where he shows up his teammates. He did that knowing his career is hanging by a thread. 

Serious question, why do you think Gunnar is "absolutely our leader" and not Adley?

3 hours ago, Sanity Check said:

I can see the risk of a PR hit if we do sign Bauer.  I guess I'll call it the court of public opinion.

I think it's actually "the invisible hand of the consumer"-30% of the MLB workforce is female as is 40% of the casual fanbase-those the Orioles need to hit 2.5m.  I would wager that their opinion is vastly different than what you read here.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Wherever the dude goes people dislike him.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/jan/17/trevor-bauer-japan-ridge-alkonis-tweet

"The police didn't charge him" is a low bar for a person.

There was a 70-story billboard with him on it, he set viewership records and his merch was among the best-selling in NPB, he attracted more fans to a game than anyone in team history, and the fans hated him so much in Japan that they voted him to the All-Star game, despite him having a meh season.