Bauer interested in O's

Bigbie03

3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Did you watch the interview someone posted.  Maybe it’s all an act to get back in MLB but Bauer showed humility and said he acted inappropriately in his MLB career (nothing to do with the allegations).   Personally, I think his agent and he orchestrated his new demeanor but it was a good act.

Sure, but then he qualified that by blaming it on the media.  

2 hours ago, Sanity Check said:

For those who haven't watched the interviews/links that are on page 8 here, especially those who have pre-judged Bauer as a monster, I think that these basically paint something much different.  And goes to what @Malike says about lies and setups to meet a goal.  This seems to prove that he got a raw deal from a predator who was trying to extort his money.  If you haven't watched, and want to know what this was all about, this stuff is pretty powerful in his favor.

It still doesn't answer the questions about clubhouse presence and positive leadership though.  That's a different, and also important concern.

But it's not one instance-there are at least 4 women that spoke about it and any prosecutor will tell you means there is likely many more that he was involved with.   

Like anything on social media those interviews were not done for our benefit but to influence us-so ask yourself what does the author/Bauer want?  

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’d be curious to hear how police generally go about investigating a domestic assault/abuse accusation.  I’d imagine many cases are he said/she said, so how do you determine who’s version of events is the truth?   

I can't speak for other agencies as I'm sure SOP is quite different for each but it basically boils down to who makes the complaint. If a person calls the Police on their spouse/partner saying they were assaulted, etc. it's generally the accused who gets removed from the area.

Even if you can't charge someone on the spot due to lack of evidence, you cannot leave the accused in the area. They are often "arrested" (detained) and then they go to our DV Detectives to investigate the claims. Both parties are usually brought to the station to try to get the full picture during interviews.

Edited by Malike

To me there's an important baseball value to be established ... can the guy pitch?  Well?  Every 5th day?  Out of the bullpen if necesssary?    Is he a 2-3 starter in MLB or just Japan?  Bring him to camp and have him throw to Adley and McCann.  If the pitching value isn't there, none of the rest matters. If it *is* there,  evaluate the clubhouse and outside stuff right there, straight from the horse's mouth.   

5 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

FWIW I have a feeling what was said publicly and what was said behind closed doors are two entirely different things. 

"Two people with knowledge of Dodgers clubhouse dynamics, who are unauthorized to speak publicly about the situation, said that a majority of players do not want Bauer back under any circumstances."

https://www.truebluela.com/2021/7/26/22593021/trevor-bauer-dodgers-teammates-anonymously-distancing

I’ll take Mookie Betts’ word over anonymous sources.  I doubt Mookie would’ve called him an awesome guy if he knew his teammates had major issues with him.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

I’ll take Mookie Betts’ word over anonymous sources.  I doubt Mookie would’ve called him an awesome guy if he knew his teammates had major issues with him.

Like I said in another post, actions speak louder than words. 

This comes after it was discovered a number of Dodgers players unfollowed Bauer on Instagram, including Turner, Muncy, Mookie Betts, Albert Pujols, Kenley Jansen, Chris Taylor and Dustin May.

17 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

It would be foolish to take his public word over what’s said behind closed doors. Of course he’s going to say he’s a great guy publicly. 

35 minutes ago, dystopia said:

It would be foolish to take his public word over what’s said behind closed doors. Of course he’s going to say he’s a great guy publicly. 

No it wouldn’t.  He had no reason to make those statements publicly.  

It would be foolish to take the words of anonymous sources over what Mookie said publicly. 

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’d be curious to hear how police generally go about investigating a domestic assault/abuse accusation.  I’d imagine many cases are he said/she said, so how do you determine who’s version of events is the truth?   

Just one old guy a few years removed, and from only one agency here. But, it starts with the dispatcher’s call notes and observations. When we arrive, what we hear, and other observations. What do neighbors or other witnesses say?

We make contact, and separate the parties. We question them as to what happened and look for evidence. Any injuries, scratches, bruises and such? Is the residence trashed? We talk to the kids, depending on the situation.

We do the best we can to see what happened, and to determine if an arrest is warranted. Is there an actual domestic relationship? Did a crime of violence occur? Is there a current injunction in place? We try to do this in a way that lets the parties maintain as much dignity as possible. We often engage people on the worst moments of their lives.

These are the most dangerous calls we answer. A lot of emotions run deep. I went to one call where the wife had been battering the very large muscular husband with a large frying pan. As we walked up, I heard what sounded like someone struck a gong. It was her hitting the man in his head. The lumps on his head to match. Minute later, we are arresting her, and the husband angrily tried to batter us. Quite a good fight, we broke nearly all of their furniture in the small apartment. Just another day, right?

I tried to give you a general sense of things, and I am sure I left things out. Each incident is judged on its own merits, as it should be. If we have probable cause, an arrest of the primary aggressor has to be made. The law is clear. 

• Upvote 2