Kolten Wong flyer

Sports Guy

Wong looked terrible on a ground ball to his right in his first game.  In 2022 he was a -3 DRS and -10 OAA.  In 2023 in half as many innings -1 in both.   Hopefully, Holliday gets hot and makes the decision a no brainer but I think Wongs declining defense might keep him off the team.  It’s the reason, IMO, why Frazier started losing time last year.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Wong looked terrible on a ground ball to his right in his first game.  In 2022 he was a -3 DRS and -10 OAA.  In 2023 in half as many innings -1 in both.   Hopefully, Holliday gets hot and makes the decision a no brainer but I think Wongs declining defense might keep him off the team.  It’s the reason, IMO, why Frazier started losing time last year.

Yeah, it almost seems like Wong is just here to be a ST sounding board for Holliday while he learns 2B, seeing as the only other veteran 2B on the team is Urias, and he's more of a 3B. 

I'm sure that's not entirely true, but maybe it entered into the decision a bit to bring in Wong. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I keep saying the Orioles are in a tough spot starting everyone clock within the same 2 years. They may be conservative with Mayo and  Holliday. We very well could see 8 weeks of Wong and Teheran. Wong in very limited back up role.

Let's see how the Yankees do with Juan Soto, Gleyber Torres, Clay Holmes and Alex Verdugo all up this year.     I wonder if Gleyber's camp feels good about the organization's level of engagement if perhaps like Anthony Santander he has a feeling of wanting to continue a long-term relationship.