Official 2024 Orioles Wins Poll

Frobby

Official 2024 Orioles Wins Poll  

112 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Orioles win in 2024?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/28/24 at 16:01

21 hours ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Tell me you're not concerned because we lost Gibson...

EDIT: Also, how is Burnes "adding nothing?"

I was responding to the post that said Burnes replaces Bradish, it did not mention that we also lost Gibson

So we have in fact lost our innings pitched and wins leader (Gibson) and our ace (Bradish) and replaced them with Burns, don't know how folks don't see this as a major problem.

34 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

I was responding to the post that said Burnes replaces Bradish, it did not mention that we also lost Gibson

So we have in fact lost our innings pitched and wins leader (Gibson) and our ace (Bradish) and replaced them with Burns, don't know how folks don't see this as a major problem.

It depends on how soon Bradish and Means return and how effective they are.   

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

We haven't "lost Bradish." There's no reason to think he's missing the entire season or even most of it except evidence-less pessimism. It's not out of the question, but we're not there yet.

As for Gibson being our pitching wins leader, I can't think of a better argument not to use that stat. He gave us a lot of innings, but they weren't great innings.

Does Means not count as an "addition" for you? Has your bottomless pessimism ruled him out from pitching this year, too?

15 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

We haven't "lost Bradish." There's no reason to think he's missing the entire season or even most of it except evidence-less pessimism. It's not out of the question, but we're not there yet.

As for Gibson being our pitching wins leader, I can't think of a better argument not to use that stat. He gave us a lot of innings, but they weren't great innings.

Does Means not count as an "addition" for you? Has your bottomless pessimism ruled him out from pitching this year, too?

Things that are likely:

1.  Burnes pitches about the same number of innings as Gibson, but with a much lower ERA.

2. Bradish pitches fewer innings than last year, and probably with a higher ERA when he does pitch.  

3.  Means pitches more innings than last year.  

4.  Rodriguez pitches more innings than last year, at a better overall ERA.

There’s still a lot of ways this could all shake out, even if you accept the above probabilities.  

I went 94-97.   

I'm more worried about the bullpen than the rotation.     McDermott and Povich are fine to mix in in the first half and may even need to be showcased for the trade deadline.

It isn't going to take many weeks for Coulombe-Cano-Kimbrel to lose some game we wouldn't have lost last year, and it'll just be a different flavor of the many resilience tests a season throws at a team.

First couple weeks...did Michael Baumann actually improve, and is Dillon Tate back for real a couple of upside factors that could really help?

On 3/26/2024 at 9:59 AM, ChosenOne21 said:

Bradish has an injury that results in major surgery in most cases. Counting on him to be a significant contributor this year is wildly premature at this juncture.