2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

13 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Find a trade partner for Urias. Bring up Norby or Mayo. Put Mateo in CF vs lefties.

I think if the Os felt comfortable with Mateo in CF we would have already seen it this year.

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

That lineup sucked. 

They just didn’t execute. I’m pretty sure the lineup was similar when we faced Cortez in OPACY and we roughed him up. 

The only criticism of the current roster that I have is that it would be more valuable to have a RH version of Stowers. Stowers being a LHH just doesn’t give him a real role. 

Let’s also see what Mayo and Holliday bring to the table in the 2nd half. 

13 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

We have seen it this year. Not a lot, but we've seen it.

You are correct. 3 games, total of 16 innings. Last appearance on April 20. I think my point still stands.

Is it that Mateo isn't a good option in CF or Cowser has proven to be a better option? I like Cowser getting a bulk of the time in CF if it's not Mullins. Mateo is a bigger asset in the INF given all of our options.

1 minute ago, spleen1015 said:

Is it that Mateo isn't a good option in CF or Cowser has proven to be a better option? I like Cowser getting a bulk of the time in CF if it's not Mullins. Mateo is a bigger asset in the INF given all of our options.

I think the question is whether Metro could have some value playing CF in the RH stack lineup. Cowser could still play CF vs RHP. His stats vs LHP are pretty lousy.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I think the question is whether Metro could have some value playing CF in the RH stack lineup. Cowser could still play CF vs RHP. His stats vs LHP are pretty lousy.

Yes, and you could leave Cowser in LF vs righties, but it allows you to put both Westburg and Urias in the lineup or you could bring up Norby or Mayo

31 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

They definitely need another RHH option to play against LHP’s, whether that is Mayo, Norby, or an external addition. McCann just cannot be in the lineup in important/playoff games. 

He won’t be. You do need a backup catcher to play 30% of games during the regular season and McCann won’t play next 2 games.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

They just didn’t execute. I’m pretty sure the lineup was similar when we faced Cortez in OPACY and we roughed him up. 

The only criticism of the current roster that I have is that it would be more valuable to have a RH version of Stowers. Stowers being a LHH just doesn’t give him a real role. 

Let’s also see what Mayo and Holliday bring to the table in the 2nd half. 

It only makes sense if they are coming up to play. I’m not sure we see Holliday back this year. And they’d have to clear Urias off the roster for either to really have a place.