2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

8 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

A lot of people have been calling for Westburg to hit 1st.  Let's see how it works out.  Maybe Gunnar will hit a HR w/ men actually on base. 

I'd prefer Gunnar batting 2nd or 3rd to guarantee he gets a first inning at bat every game.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'd prefer Gunnar batting 2nd or 3rd to guarantee he gets a first inning at bat every game.

Yeah, I guess the actual analytics say bat your best hitter 2nd.  I don't really like Adley batting 1st.  Too much additional risk of getting hurt as leadoff hitter.  Maybe Westburg will take to leadoff hitter.

Then top 3 will be:  Westburg, Gunnar, Adley.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Yeah, I guess the actual analytics say bat your best hitter 2nd.  I don't really like Adley batting 1st.  Too much additional risk of getting hurt as leadoff hitter.  Maybe Westburg will take to leadoff hitter.

Cowser could be an interesting choice. I believe he leads the team in pitches per PA, at least last I checked.

4 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

A lot of people have been calling for Westburg to hit 1st.  Let's see how it works out.  Maybe Gunnar will hit a HR w/ men actually on base. 

It appears Westy is now our regular leadoff hitter vs LHPs.

For those that have advocated for rotating the outfielders more, that seems to be happening more the past week or so. Stowers getting a little play, Santander getting more bench time than he normally would, Cowser in CF a fair amount, Hays not getting a ton of play but still some. It’s happening the way it should- enough playing time to heat up, but trending away from every day for Mullins et al. 

Not sure how much Santander’s knee is playing into that, but regardless, these guys know what they are doing. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Crazy question, how does batting leadoff add additional risk of getting hurt?  I've never heard of that.

• Upvote 1

On 5/26/2024 at 2:18 PM, OriolesMagic83 said:

Adley doesn’t bat leadoff anymore ever because it’s hard for him to get the catchers gear off in time between innings. 

45 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Adley doesn’t bat leadoff anymore ever because it’s hard for him to get the catchers gear off in time between innings. 

So he doesn’t take off the catcher’s gear when he hits?

19 minutes ago, dystopia said:

What?

You wrote that Adley doesn’t hit lead off anymore because it’s too hard for him to take off the gear between innings. So I’m asking what he does in the games games when his turn in the order comes up to start the O’s half of the inning..?

I’m poking fun because your claim isn’t remotely accurate or sensible. There are lots of games that he’s catching and he’s first to hit in their half of the inning.