2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

LF O'Hearn is I think just a nod to the tiny LF.     Last weekend Yankees did same thing switching Soto and Verdugo on the Fenway postage stamp.

O'Hearn has to be in the lineup until he shows he doesn't have to be in the lineup.  

2 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

O'Hearn has to be in the lineup until he shows he doesn't have to be in the lineup.  

For sure, he's sustained the Lowenstein stuff well enough I am working on making my peace this tournament he will take at bats that will not go to Jackson Holliday or Samuel Basallo as we see what the end of the first half of assured Adley seasons looks like.

If Hyde hits him 3rd or 4th, Hyde will have that tricky 5th inning pinch hitting decision against playoff left handers somewhat often.

It feels in play Coby Mayo's deployment could end up as little as the Roenicke half of it.     You might end up having to let Mayo go late against Emmanuel Clase or Clay Holmes then.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

LF O'Hearn is I think just a nod to the tiny LF.     Last weekend Yankees did same thing switching Soto and Verdugo on the Fenway postage stamp.

With the way O’Hearn and Mountcastle are hitting and Adley at DH, I think it’s the right move for tonight. If Cowser wasn’t slumping he’d likely be out there instead with O’Hearn at 1B. 

36 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

For sure, he's sustained the Lowenstein stuff well enough I am working on making my peace this tournament he will take at bats that will not go to Jackson Holliday or Samuel Basallo as we see what the end of the first half of assured Adley seasons looks like.

If Hyde hits him 3rd or 4th, Hyde will have that tricky 5th inning pinch hitting decision against playoff left handers somewhat often.

It feels in play Coby Mayo's deployment could end up as little as the Roenicke half of it.     You might end up having to let Mayo go late against Emmanuel Clase or Clay Holmes then.

To think about it another way, I think Hyde needs to get OHearn some more at bats vs lefty’s. Part of why Wednesday was such a missed opportunity IMO. OHearn was locked in, let him get a crack at it.

31 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

With the way O’Hearn and Mountcastle are hitting and Adley at DH, I think it’s the right move for tonight. If Cowser wasn’t slumping he’d likely be out there instead with O’Hearn at 1B. 

Seems like it would make sense to let Cowser face the AA pitcher

I knew Lowenstein had a walkoff in the 1979 ALCS, and as a sign of how the game has changed, my prior to looking it up guess was it was his 5th at-bat against Nolan Ryan or something like that.

The box score reveals it was a pinch hitting appearance, and Earl must have had something on the index cards because right-handed bat Pat Kelly got the Game 1 LF start against Nolan Ryan.

Lo-lo's heroics were pinch hitting for Mark Belanger.     Belanger, naturally, was hitting 2nd coming off a 36 OPS+ season.

41 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I knew Lowenstein had a walkoff in the 1979 ALCS, and as a sign of how the game has changed, my prior to looking it up guess was it was his 5th at-bat against Nolan Ryan or something like that.

The box score reveals it was a pinch hitting appearance, and Earl must have had something on the index cards because right-handed bat Pat Kelly got the Game 1 LF start against Nolan Ryan.

Lo-lo's heroics were pinch hitting for Mark Belanger.     Belanger, naturally, was hitting 2nd coming off a 36 OPS+ season.

Kelly was a left handed hitter

• Thanks 1