Corbin Burnes 2024

Spy Fox

Yeah after a rough stretch there Burnes has certainly turned things around. Depending what they do in the off season this rotation is going to be a mess with no Burnes, Bradish and with GRod always breaking down and then add this non clutch hitting offense in there to boot and I say Elias has his work cut out for him  big time to get this team back to the playoffs.. I know in my mind I'm a what have you done for me lately guy and this second half is what will stick in my mind not 2023 or the first half. 

33 minutes ago, Baseball fandom said:

Yeah after a rough stretch there Burnes has certainly turned things around. Depending what they do in the off season this rotation is going to be a mess with no Burnes, Bradish and with GRod always breaking down and then add this non clutch hitting offense in there to boot and I say Elias has his work cut out for him  big time to get this team back to the playoffs.. I know in my mind I'm a what have you done for me lately guy and this second half is what will stick in my mind not 2023 or the first half. 

GrayRod, Eflin, Kremer, Suarez, Povich, Rogers, McDermott, and Brandon Young is a decent starting point for building out next year's rotation and its depth options. 

Definitely need to add another TOR-ish guy like Eovaldi though.

84 pitches. He was going 9. He only came out because Garcia was on 1B and was going to run. 

I sure hope we see him in the ALDS vs the NYY. I sure hope we sign him to a 7 year deal. What better pitcher to pair with our young bats?

Pay up Ruby. 

Either way… the Burnes trade was worth it. He gave us all we could’ve hoped for this season. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

84 pitches. He was going 9. He only came out because Garcia was on 1B and was going to run. 

I sure hope we see him in the ALDS vs the NYY. I sure hope we sign him to a 7 year deal. What better pitcher to pair with our young bats?

Pay up Ruby. 

Either way… the Burnes trade was worth it. He gave us all we could’ve hoped for this season. 

If I was him, tonight would have more or less sealed my intention to leave in free agency and sign with NYY, NYM, BOS, or LAD.

The guy put up arguably the signature start of his career thus far, 8 innings of 1 run ball in a playoff game, but took the L anyway.

I'd be positively livid right now if I was him.

5 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

If I was him, tonight would have more or less sealed my intention to leave in free agency and sign with NYY, NYM, BOS, or LAD.

The guy put up arguably the signature start of his career thus far, 8 innings of 1 run ball in a playoff game, but took the L anyway.

He may be livid, but I'm sure he also knows this could happen with any team and will continue his plan of going to the highest bidder, give or take. 

I don't think it will be the Orioles. Thankfully, I don't think it will be the Yankees either. 

10 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I don’t think players get livid when their teammates have a disappointing day.  That’s not how team dynamics work.  

17 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

The Orioles scored just under 5.5 runs for him over the season i doubt he is taking one start over the entire body of work to make a decision.  If anything I better he is kicking himself over walking the number 9 hitter to lead off the 6th which led to the 1 run over anything.  That is what makes the great ones so great they are very critical of what they could have done differently and try to improve on that.  

• Upvote 1