Bullpen 2024

8 minutes ago, EdwinRip said:

His combined war is more than any reliever on the team.  He has a FIP of 1.02.

I think those stats are from before his last two appearances.  He gave up a home run today to Gleyber Torres.

12.2 IP 1 ER in the Yankees series. Now we get to add Suarez. Hopefully, Suarez can be another Cano. Wishful think for a guy to return to the USA and suddenly become an All Star legend reliever, I know. But it’s what we need. 

Webb is also having a great year. 

Besides Kimbrel, the pen’s only “con” is that only Akin and Cano have options. I like Baumman, and he’s survived, but it sure would be nice to fire up the Norfolk shuttle and always have a fresh one of Vespi, Baker, Krook, Ort, and Heasley, in the pen to rotate through on a nightly basis. 

31 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Did Yohan Ramirez clear waivers? I haven't seen any news about him one way or another.

Good question. I did a very fast search — last news is the DFA, but nothing on whether he accepted it or is now a FA. 

33 minutes ago, Orioles West said:

Good question. I did a very fast search — last news is the DFA, but nothing on whether he accepted it or is now a FA. 

We just DFA’d him on 5/2. It can take up to 10 days before we put him on release waivers. Sometimes it happens sooner than later. We’ll just randomly here that he was claimed or in Norfolk over the next 10. 

I assume the Pen for tonight is Suarez, Akin, Webb, and Coloumbe. 

When you play a bunch of close games you use your pen a lot. Off day tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We just DFA’d him on 5/2. It can take up to 10 days before we put him on release waivers. Sometimes it happens sooner than later. We’ll just randomly here that he was claimed or in Norfolk over the next 10. 

I assume the Pen for tonight is Suarez, Akin, Webb, and Coloumbe. 

When you play a bunch of close games you use your pen a lot. Off day tomorrow. 

When a player is DFA'ed why does it take 10 days for him to clear waivers?  Can a team wait that long to put in a claim?

9 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

When a player is DFA'ed why does it take 10 days for him to clear waivers?  Can a team wait that long to put in a claim?

https://www.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/designate-for-assignment

It’s actually 7 days now. Before looking it up I also thought it was 10. 

It buys time basically for the team to try to find a trade partner.  

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

https://www.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/designate-for-assignment

It’s actually 7 days now. Before looking it up I also thought it was 10. 

It buys time basically for the team to try to find a trade partner.  

So the actual claim process only takes a day maybe two, so if a player isn't showing up in AAA in a day or 2, the team is likely trying to trade him?

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

So the actual claim process only takes a day maybe two, so if a player isn't showing up in AAA in a day or 2, the team is likely trying to trade him?

To be honest I’m not sure of the mechanics of it all. 

Player can’t show up until after the 7 days have passed. I think the only time you hear something before 7 days is if player is traded.  

18 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Keep in mind with Ramirez he is out of options. Any team that claims him has to put him on their 26 man roster.