Cade Povich 2024

emmett16

11 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Looked very good. Probably needs to get a bit stronger to carry his stuff deeper into the game.

Not a problem in 2022 or 2023.  Today was the first 4 day rest outing of the year.  

He'll carry the velo thru 6/7 on normal 5 day rest.  At least he has the last 2 seasons.  

44 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Good to see the Ks today but a 55% str% isn’t going to cut it. 

60% will more than work on 4 days rest in April, which is where he was prior to the last 4 hitters.  Context matters.  

Consecutive outings; a great one and a really good one.  Some will have to wait till April 13.  

9 minutes ago, HuskerFan said:

60% will more than work on 4 days rest in April, which is where he was prior to the last 4 hitters.  Context matters.  

Consecutive outings; a great one and a really good one.  Some will have to wait till April 13.  

60% is well below average, so no thats not good enough and the last 4 hitters still matter since you know, they are part of the game. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

60% is well below average, so no thats not good enough and the last 4 hitters still matter since you know, they are part of the game. 

60% on 4 days rest, in April, is acceptable.  They matter no more than context.

Your microscope needs a lid.  Next opportunity for you is in 6 days.  

Edited by HuskerFan

10 minutes ago, HuskerFan said:

60% on 4 days rest, in April, is acceptable.  They matter no more than context.

Your microscope needs a lid.  Next opportunity for you is in 6 days.  

I get it that you aren’t capable of being objective. I get it that you can’t talk about this like an adult. 

But a player with a history of poor control and command having poor control and command is never looked as good no matter how much you want to dress it up.

That said, all I said is the Ks were nice but the 55 str% isn’t good and won’t cut it from start to start.  If you disagree with that, you aren’t very bright.

I didn’t bash him, I didn’t offend him, I didn’t go on social media and say something about his mom. Just saying he has to throw more strikes. Grow TF up and stop being such a douche.

Edited by Sports Guy

Husker definitely can’t be objective.   At the same time, very encouraging to see Povich start the season with back to back good efforts.   In the past, he’d get bombed way too often.  Here’s hoping he can be consistent and keep pounding the zone.  (Even though he didn’t in his last inning)

32 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I get it that you aren’t capable of being objective. I get it that you can’t talk about this like an adult. 

But a player with a history of poor control and command having poor control and command is never looked as good no matter how much you want to dress it up.

That said, all I said is the Ks were nice but the 55 str% isn’t good and won’t cut it from start to start.  If you disagree with that, you aren’t very bright.

I didn’t bash him, I didn’t offend him, I didn’t go on social media and say something about his mom. Just saying he has to throw more strikes. Grow TF up and stop being such a douche.

I've stated when he's done poor.  I've also stated when he hasn't. And I've also added a deeper look.  None of which you have interest in so look in the mirror next time, Billy.

He had a poor history.  It all began once he came to the Orioles Org, starting with Bowie in 2023).  (I'm not the only one who's stated it, emmett has as well, see earlier in the thread).  Never before.  His last several starts, dating back to 2023, have been broken down & you refuse to look at it.  

I'm not bright?  Too funny.  Again, context matters.  Google it to help understand what it actually means.  Then, ask around to see if it matters.  Managers don't submit reports from their staff after every game because it doesn't matter.  It does. A lot.  

I couldn't care less if you did.  And take your own advice once in awhile.

Edited by HuskerFan

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Husker definitely can’t be objective.   At the same time, very encouraging to see Povich start the season with back to back good efforts.   In the past, he’d get bombed way too often.  Here’s hoping he can be consistent and keep pounding the zone.  (Even though he didn’t in his last inning)

Right. On. Cue. 

It didn't take you long.  April 13 is your next opportunity.  

Edited by HuskerFan

1 minute ago, HuskerFan said:

Right. On. Cue. 

It didn't take you long.  April 13 is your next opportunity.  

I was complimentary of Povich today.   Do you consider yourself objective when it comes to Povich?

10 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I was complimentary of Povich today.   Do you consider yourself objective when it comes to Povich?

Have I stated he's pitched poorly?  Yes, multiple times.  Have I stated he struggled most of 2023 in back-to-back outings?  Yes, multiple times. 

That's objective.  

Edited by HuskerFan

Just now, HuskerFan said:

Have I stated he's pitched poorly?  Yes, multiple times.  Have I stated he struggled most of 2023 in back-to-back outings?  Yes, multiple times.  

That's objective.  

I must have missed those multiple posts.  You usually sound more like his cheerleader.

15 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I must have missed those multiple posts.  You usually sound more like his cheerleader.

I don't have many posts, feel free to look them up.  It's not difficult.

I'm an objective cheerleader for all former Nebraska players.  You'll see if discussion happens with Braxton Bragg.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HuskerFan said:

I've stated when he's done poor.  I've also stated when he hasn't. And I've also added a deeper look.  None of which you have interest in so look in the mirror next time, Billy.

He had a poor history.  It all began once he came to the Orioles Org, starting with Bowie in 2023).  (I'm not the only one who's stated it, emmett has as well, see earlier in the thread).  Never before.  His last several starts, dating back to 2023, have been broken down & you refuse to look at it.  

I'm not bright?  Too funny.  Again, context matters.  Google it to help understand what it actually means.  Then, ask around to see if it matters.  Managers don't submit reports from their staff after every game because it doesn't matter.  It does. A lot.  

I couldn't care less if you did.  And take your own advice once in awhile.

Well the context is that his str% was awful in the game and leading up to those 4 batters, it was well below average.

And within that context, he has had command and control issues for his career.

Sure it’s early and it doesn’t mean he can’t or won’t turn a corner but he will absolutely never be successful throwing strikes at that poor a percentage. Thats not difficult to figure out but you keep coming up with excuses and ignore his age and things like that and just pretend none of it counts or matters because you like Nebraska baseball.  The rest of us in the real world are able to talk about all aspects of things.  Yes, there were encouraging signs..just as there were signs that there are still major issues, like the walks and str%. 

22 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well the context is that his str% was awful in the game and leading up to those 4 batters, it was well below average.

Internet Billy Beane,  you're so wrong it's beyond the point of pathetic.   Povich is proving you wrong. Several times.  

As for the rest of your drivel, the meltdown is beautiful.  You don't know squat, that's for certain with every reply.  

Holt & Ramsey > internet Billy Beane.